IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

1 hour ago, k6davis said:

You said you've used etcher/Rufus to create the bootable thumb drive. Beyond that you don't need to install anything from the PC to the thumbdrive.

Were you able to change your server's BIOS to tell it to boot from the thumbdrive? This will bypass your internal hard drive completely and boot into HQP OS. I run mine headless and access the HQP server from a browser on a laptop on the same network by typing http://hqplayer/ into the address bar. That gives me access to all of HQP's configuration & options. By default, "hqplayer" is the address on the network for the HQP server.

There are several ways of actually playing music, but I'm only familiar with the one I use, which is Roon. I go into Roon's settings (under "Setup") where there's an "Add HQPlayer" button. There, you enter the HQP server's network address: hqplayer. HQP then becomes available in Roon as a Zone to play music to.

If you're not using Roon, perhaps someone else could add to my comment about other ways to play music with HQP OS/HQP Embedded.

booted from usb thumb drive.able to log into web interface.But cant connect to roon.What else do ineed to do ?

12 minutes ago, k6davis said:

I don't know what you mean. Can you describe that in more detail?

if i boot from the usb stick then how can roon run if im not running ubuntu and roon server which is on ubnutu 18:04.Missing a step ?

3 minutes ago, k6davis said:

Oh!! Sorry. You're right. That would be a problem. 🤦‍♂️

I run Roon on a different computer on the network. As far as I know, booting from the HQP USB Stick turns that computer into a single purpose HQP machine. 

You could try installing Roon (core) on a laptop or other computer and connecting it to the HQP OS. That would be free. 

also said failure to run media/dev/.It cant find my music on external hard drive ?

2 minutes ago, k6davis said:

You could try this for free too. Install HQPlayer client on another computer and connect it with the HQP OS Server. You can drag & drop music into the client and use its built in library. I've never done it, but it's designed for that purpose.

also getting message cant connect to hqplayer.

5 minutes ago, k6davis said:

You could try this for free too. Install HQPlayer client on another computer and connect it with the HQP OS Server. You can drag & drop music into the client and use its built in library. I've never done it, but it's designed for that purpose.

do you have a screen shot of your settings.Use a a hqplayer naa .Cant find my dac in settings ? Cant connect to hqplayer

3 minutes ago, k6davis said:

It doesn't matter what you've selected for "Network Audio backend" near the bottom as long as you've chosen "ALSA" (direct connection) from the "Backend" pulldown at the top of the screen.

Are you using a naa with your set up.I see in your set up in network audio backend device says current (naa combo384 amanero USB audio.i see my dac in that  window but no option to include naa?

2 hours ago, k6davis said:

I am using an naa. I suggest you try connecting the DAC directly first, if possible. That eliminates one point where something can go wrong. 

If you've already done that then.. there are two separate pull-downs for direct connection (ALSA) and naa (Network Audio backend). If you see your DAC listed in the Network Audio Backend section, that's probably good/the option you want - even though it doesn't say "naa". 

tried connecting directly yo dac says still cant connect tp hqplayer

14 hours ago, Miska said:

Is your configured address matching with address of the HQPlayer machine?

You can ignore that... It is trying to auto-mount all filesystems it can find in the computer, some may fail.

It doesn't matter, since it's a storage image, it wipes any formatting away anyway. The image already contains partition table and filesystem formats.

What’s best way to figure what’s best way to figure the address of rhe HQPlayer machine is ? Also my music is stored  on external ssd drive .How to I configure it with HQPlayer embedded ?

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

Start HQPlayer Client on some other computer in the network, there on top left corner drop list appears list of HQPlayer's found on the network. Select the one you want to connect to. Then click the button with three horizontal lines down in the toolbar to display a pop-up window with IP address / name and some other information and settings about the HQPlayer instance.

On HQPlayer OS it is auto-mounted on sub-directory of /run/media directory. You can enter location and scan the contents using web interface /library page. Note the storage needs to be either in FAT32 format, or one of the supported Linux file systems like ext4.

Okay got to play.Do you have a step by step on explaining on how to find my external drive.Have basic computer skill but if given a step by step explanation I can follow thanks 

20 minutes ago, Miska said:

Start HQPlayer Client on some other computer in the network, there on top left corner drop list appears list of HQPlayer's found on the network. Select the one you want to connect to. Then click the button with three horizontal lines down in the toolbar to display a pop-up window with IP address / name and some other information and settings about the HQPlayer instance.

On HQPlayer OS it is auto-mounted on sub-directory of /run/media directory. You can enter location and scan the contents using web interface /library page. Note the storage needs to be either in FAT32 format, or one of the supported Linux file systems like ext4.

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Okay got to play.Do you have a step by step on explaining on how to find my external drive.Have basic computer skill but if given a step by step explanation I can follow thanks 

External drive is formatted in NTFS IS THAT SUPPORTED BY LINUX .

15 hours ago, Miska said:

No, fairly recent news about the topic:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-exFAT-2019-Discussion

Another option is to mount a network share (SMB) which was discussed previously here and is now supported by the HQPlayer OS image. I may add also server side in next image release so that sharing the HQPlayer OS side content would be possible. This would allow managing content stored on HQPlayer OS server from the network side.

Okay .Formated mt music hard drive to  Fat32.The drive shows directory /dev/sda1.How do i get to work with hq embedded /Also what should input say /

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

If it's sda1, then it is auto-mounted at /run/media/sda1 which is something you can put as scan path on Library page of HQPlayer web interface.

Okay that worked for web interface but how do I include it with Roon ?

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

Yep this was suggested just a day or two ago.

mConnect Player (both Android and iOS) let's you play Tidal to HQP Embedded. HQPe acts as a UPnP renderer.

so wiil mcconnect  also be able to detect my hard and files

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you have only one HDD and have the two on different computers then yes, unless you share the drive on network.

Otherwise you need to choose which one has the HDD.

Yes, there are many ways to do that. One possibility is to use mConnect Player (iOS and Android) for the purpose. Or some other application to play Tidal to a UPnP Renderer. This doesn't require any extra hardware.

Then additionally you can use the input feature and Tidal's own application, but this requires suitable input hardware. (I use this also for Spotify)

Just one pc.OS on main drive and then music files on on external ssd drive all on same pc

39 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you have only one HDD and have the two on different computers then yes, unless you share the drive on network.

Otherwise you need to choose which one has the HDD.

Yes, there are many ways to do that. One possibility is to use mConnect Player (iOS and Android) for the purpose. Or some other application to play Tidal to a UPnP Renderer. This doesn't require any extra hardware.

Then additionally you can use the input feature and Tidal's own application, but this requires suitable input hardware. (I use this also for Spotify)

in Hqplayer client albums have no photos