Jump to content

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded


ted_b
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thank you. I have tried that without success.

I must be missing something.

TIDAL - Qobuz - ROON - Euphony - HQPlayerD 4 - NUC DNKE - NAA - Pi4 4gb - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac Level 3 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - EQ’d in ROON - N400 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - DIY Open Baffle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for helping. I also have tried that. 

I am trying to run just HQPlayerOS on a USB stick, but looks like I have to figure out what is wrong with my setup.

I'll go back to Stylus until I figure it out.

 

 

TIDAL - Qobuz - ROON - Euphony - HQPlayerD 4 - NUC DNKE - NAA - Pi4 4gb - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac Level 3 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - EQ’d in ROON - N400 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - DIY Open Baffle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jkelly said:

Thank you for helping. I also have tried that. 

I am trying to run just HQPlayerOS on a USB stick, but looks like I have to figure out what is wrong with my setup.

I'll go back to Stylus until I figure it out.

 

 


you can do that easily. 
 

You can also login to HQP OS with root and no password and look at /etc/fstab and make changes there if needed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jkelly said:

I have a NAS at 192.168.1.18/Media/audio/downloads and a UN and PW.

Can you tell me what to put in the fields? I usually add this to fstab.

 

//192.168.1.18/Media/audio/downloads and then your username and password. It will then write it out to /etc/fstab and perform mount operations.

 

You can also manually edit fstab as you wish!

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both. I was able to edit fstab and now have my library. 

 

Jeff

 

TIDAL - Qobuz - ROON - Euphony - HQPlayerD 4 - NUC DNKE - NAA - Pi4 4gb - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac Level 3 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - EQ’d in ROON - N400 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - DIY Open Baffle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.Sent you a email as I updated my BIOS now HQPlayer will not accept key says trial.This happened before and you had to send me a new key.Thanks

Never mind.Turned the PC off and on a few times and HQPlayer was finally able to accept key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 5:39 AM, Miska said:

 

//192.168.1.18/Media/audio/downloads and then your username and password. It will then write it out to /etc/fstab and perform mount operations.

 

You can also manually edit fstab as you wish!

 

What needs to be done if there's a space in the name? For example, //server/audio/classical music.

 

And can more than one folder be attached to /smb via the web interface?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lotusaurus said:

What needs to be done if there's a space in the name? For example, //server/audio/classical music.

 

And can more than one folder be attached to /smb via the web interface?

 

You shouldn't have spaces in the share name, it is asking for trouble. And I think your share name is "Media" so essentially you should be mounting just "//192.168.1.18/Media".

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Miska said:

 

You shouldn't have spaces in the share name, it is asking for trouble. And I think your share name is "Media" so essentially you should be mounting just "//192.168.1.18/Media".

 

You might be partly replying to someone else, but I take the point about not having spaces. The problem is that on my NAS I already have folders with spaces in the names and I've been using other software that is OK with those spaces. I'm a little reluctant to change the names because honestly I don't know how many other things will break. Looks like I'll have to play around a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lotusaurus said:

You might be partly replying to someone else, but I take the point about not having spaces. The problem is that on my NAS I already have folders with spaces in the names and I've been using other software that is OK with those spaces. I'm a little reluctant to change the names because honestly I don't know how many other things will break. Looks like I'll have to play around a bit.

 

Folder names with spaces is not a problem, just don't put spaces in share names. When mounting shares, don't include any folder names, just the server and share name. If necessary, adjust the share to point to a different location in the directory tree.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies, can I come back to the topic of Secure Boot and Windows 11 for a moment:

 

I have a dual boot configuration where I either boot into Windows 10 Pro from an SSD, or to HQPlayer Embedded from an USB stick.

 

@bobflood, when you say

On 10/6/2021 at 3:33 AM, bobflood said:

Chris, (and FYI for others with ASUS MBs) when you get ready to upgrade to Win 11/64 remember to update your UEFI/BIOS first. As I mentioned before, ASUS has a new BIOS with full support for Win 11. This will activate the TPM 2.0 module on your MB and also turn on Secure Boot among other things. Win 11 requires this for proper function. To be able to continue to boot your secondary drives using legacy boot rules you will need to configure the ASUS Legacy Module. This is in the Boot section of the BIOS. You should be able to set the rules for each drive separately and still retain Secure Boot on the primary Win 11 drive. You may also want to consider upgrading using the ISO image method rather than using Windows Update. You will for sure get a clean upgrade that way. I have been on Win 11 since the beginning using the DEV channel and I have had only a few minor glitches along the way. Roon and HQP run together on Win 11 far better than they ever did on Win 10. This is much more than a cosmetic makeover. Hope this helps! 

I understand that Windows 11 requires Secure Boot to run, or run properly as you say. 

 

@Miska, you had advised before to turn off Secure Boot in BIOS and set OS to "Other" when booting into HQPlayer OS. Why is that? I don't know what Secure Boot actually does so am trying to understand how it interferes with / affects HQPlayer OS.

 

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master mainboard, with the latest firmware 11n, but I can't find anything that would enable the TPM 2.0 module if I have one... So trying to understand what my options are - stick with Win 10 for the time being, or enable Secure Boot and see whether it works with HQP OS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bertel said:

@Miska, you had advised before to turn off Secure Boot in BIOS and set OS to "Other" when booting into HQPlayer OS. Why is that? I don't know what Secure Boot actually does so am trying to understand how it interferes with / affects HQPlayer OS.

 

There is sort of signature on the HQPlayer OS boot loader, but you can try with secure boot if you are still able to boot HQPlayer OS or if it fails on signature verification. This depends on the default enrolled keys in your BIOS keychain.

 

21 minutes ago, Bertel said:

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master mainboard, with the latest firmware 11n, but I can't find anything that would enable the TPM 2.0 module if I have one... So trying to understand what my options are - stick with Win 10 for the time being, or enable Secure Boot and see whether it works with HQP OS?

 

At least many of the motherboards I have, have a slot for a separate TPM module. These can be purchased separately. Then some newer Intel CPUs have so called "fTPM" as part of BIOS which is firmware running on the CPU itself as kind of VM hypervisor below the OS. IIRC, this is sort of Minix operating system hosting set of security services. And I think sort of associated with the Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware that allows such things as remote control of the computer from network even when the computer is turned on or off, etc. This ME is requirement for some corporate environments where they can manage and install software on computers in corporate network even if they are turned off.

 

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module#TPM_implementations

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

There is sort of signature on the HQPlayer OS boot loader, but you can try with secure boot if you are still able to boot HQPlayer OS or if it fails on signature verification. This depends on the default enrolled keys in your BIOS keychain.

 

Ah, I see - so this is not about ensuring that the environment for HQPlayer OS is not interfered with, but rather a "won't boot" vs " will boot without problems" situation. I just set Secure Boot to enabled (or rather "Standard") in my BIOS, and HQPlayer Embedded came up without any problems, so all good for the moment.

 

Regarding TPM 2.0: I had to set "Trusted Computing" to "Enabled" and turn on Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) so the Health Check app recognised and confirmed that TPM 2.0 is available on my PC. Did another check, HQPLayer Embeddes still booits up and plays without any issues. Hope the upcoming new version of HQP will work as well 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. I am one of the UpBoard users ;-)

Just finished my 'Lego-Session' with the Wifi-Kit...

Still waiting for my OTG Cable to arrive, can't wait to hear the input magic ( with automatic sample rate switching ;-)

As this will be my NAA and receiving the music via RPi4 I would like to configure the UpBoard with Wifi.

Normally there would be no need to configure the NAA ( for regular ETHERNET usage definitely not necessary )

With Arch-Linux and wpa_supplicant and entering SSID and PSK and I should be good to go?

Or what about the HQP OS and just use it as NAA ( I think it was mentioned that Wifi is doable on the HQP OS ? ) 

 

Thanks for some advice on this topic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, D-0211 said:

Or what about the HQP OS and just use it as NAA ( I think it was mentioned that Wifi is doable on the HQP OS ? ) 

 

I don't know about Arch, it is not among my supported distributions. But HQPlayer OS includes wpa_supplicant and WiFi drivers. Just not officially supported feature since it needs some manual configuration, unlike wired ethernet that can be plug and play.

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, D-0211 said:

Could you please point me to the location where I need to edit the conf file? How will it survive the reboot?

 

You can search internet for how to set up wpa_supplicant to work with systemd-networkd.

 

It is a normal filesystem, so it survives reboots just as usual. There's a lot of other stuff stored too, such as HQPlayer configuration and library data.

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check out what @Miska wrote!

 

#HQPlayer4Embedded 4.26.0 released! ASDM5ECv2 and ASDM7ECv2 modulators, PCM gain compensation and RIAA EQ plugin. Improved web interface. Control API improvements. Sound quality and streaming improvements. Bug fixes. HQPlayer OS now ships with HQPWV. CUDA supported on FC34.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...