IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Maybe, I have not tested it, but all the needed components should be there.

Would it be fair to say you're not very focussed / interested in HQPlayerOS anymore..? Would we be better off experimenting with other implementations of HQPlayer embedded? AudioLinux maybe?

8 hours ago, Woland said:

Would it be fair to say you're not very focussed / interested in HQPlayerOS anymore..? Would we be better off experimenting with other implementations of HQPlayer embedded? AudioLinux maybe?

Of course I am, it is my reference platform and some features are only supported on HQPlayer OS. It is supposed to be configuration free OS while WiFi cannot be configuration free. Primary focus of HQPlayer OS is on wired Ethernet, not on WiFi. I just include the WiFi related components as-is in unsupported form.

AudioLinux is not among my supported OS. I support HQPlayer OS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian as platform for HQPlayer Embedded.

Other companies may support HQPlayer Embedded on other OS, but for any support questions you need to ask them, not me.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Of course I am, it is my reference platform and some features are only supported on HQPlayer OS.

Thanks! There's a lot of information on your website and here, but because you've been building it so long its not easy to tell what information and features are current and what's legacy.

The feature I'd love to see implemented on HQPlayer OS is digital input (USB and SPDIF) so we can stream from a PC over USB or a Chromecast, and have the Pi upsample and use one of the many high quality HATs to output to a DAC. If I understand correctly, the USB part of that is supported on Intel SBC's as "USB Audio Class 2 input", but the feature doesn't work on Pis.

22 minutes ago, Woland said:

The feature I'd love to see implemented on HQPlayer OS is digital input (USB and SPDIF) so we can stream from a PC over USB or a Chromecast, and have the Pi upsample and use one of the many high quality HATs to output to a DAC. If I understand correctly, the USB part of that is supported on Intel SBC's as "USB Audio Class 2 input", but the feature doesn't work on Pis.

It is there already. USB input has not been tested on Pi4, I haven't got time to look into that part. But S/PDIF should work.

For best S/PDIF and AES/EBU input feature set, use RME ADI-2 Pro as input device.

5 hours ago, Miska said:

Of course I am, it is my reference platform and some features are only supported on HQPlayer OS. It is supposed to be configuration free OS while WiFi cannot be configuration free. Primary focus of HQPlayer OS is on wired Ethernet, not on WiFi. I just include the WiFi related components as-is in unsupported form.

Hi Miska,

HQPLayer OS with a simple bootable image is really easy to use for us non-Linux people.  May I ask if CUDA support is there with HQPLayer OS or not?.  If not, do you have plans of implementing it on HQPlayer OS?  Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Randomrunner said:

HQPLayer OS with a simple bootable image is really easy to use for us non-Linux people.  May I ask if CUDA support is there with HQPLayer OS or not?.  If not, do you have plans of implementing it on HQPlayer OS?  Thank you!

CUDA support is not included in HQPlayer OS for number of reasons and it is not planned. If you like support for GPU offloading (CUDA for Nvidia or ROCm for AMD), then Ubuntu Server is the right choice.

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

CUDA support is not included in HQPlayer OS for number of reasons and it is not planned. If you like support for GPU offloading (CUDA for Nvidia or ROCm for AMD), then Ubuntu Server is the right choice.

Ok, thank you.  I'd better follow your "Configuring HQPlayer Embedded" web page then.  Appreciate the quick response.

For a configuration with i9900-K, Streacom DB-4 fanless case, may I ask if a NVidia P2000, or ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Mini (with fans stripped using the Streacom GPU cooling kit" be powerful enough for CUDA offload?  If not, can you specify something that might work?  Thanks again.

Miska, подскажите пожалуйста, если вы используете HQP OS, то на нее дополнительно ничего нельзя поставить, так что можно использовать, например, и hqpe и минимальный сервер на одном устройстве

Add support for raw IIR biquad EQ in the new version, can you find out what it is and how to use it?  what are the benefits?  I would also like to clarify whether in the future mute will be implemented for each channel separately, this is useful when you configure the system per channel, for example, quickly turn off the buzzer in order to listen and tune the Midbass.  If there is an equalizer and setting for a multichannel, then IMHO mute is an integral feature when setting up the system.

3 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

Miska, подскажите пожалуйста, если вы используете HQP OS, то на нее дополнительно ничего нельзя поставить, так что можно использовать, например, и hqpe и минимальный сервер на одном устройстве

Sorry for the text not in common language. Miska, tell me please, if you are using HQP OS, then nothing else can be installed on it, so you can use, for example, both hqpe and a minimal server on one device

5 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

Add support for raw IIR biquad EQ in the new version, can you find out what it is and how to use it?  what are the benefits?

If it is not clear, then you very likely don't need it. It was just one requested feature and easy to add to the existing IIR EQ.

5 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

I would also like to clarify whether in the future mute will be implemented for each channel separately, this is useful when you configure the system per channel, for example, quickly turn off the buzzer in order to listen and tune the Midbass.  If there is an equalizer and setting for a multichannel, then IMHO mute is an integral feature when setting up the system.

No plans for such. You can generate wanted kind of test tones.

2 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

Sorry for the text not in common language. Miska, tell me please, if you are using HQP OS, then nothing else can be installed on it, so you can use, for example, both hqpe and a minimal server on one device

Yes, HQPlayer OS is only for running HQPlayer Embedded, and nothing else. You may be able to put something else there too, but it doesn't have any package manager or such. So doing it may be a bit difficult.

Miska, a few more important questions:
1. Decreasing the volume for each channel, preserves data integrity? Is this not the same as digitally adjusting the volume when bits are subtracted and some of the data is lost? Can I use it without worry, or is it better to be controlled by an analog amplifier?
2. If I buy a license for HQPEmb, will it work for both the x86 version and the Pi version?
3. Is it necessary to apply DIZERING when changing the frequency of discrimination from 44.100 to 192.000?
4.I wonder if the Pi4 version of HQPE will work on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. I would like to connect a sound card to the PCIEx single board. There is an expansion card with PCIEx, the link on the resource indicates that the sound works fully. So I wonder if HQPE will see a sound card for PI4 PCIEx.
HQPE for x86 sees my ASUS Xpnar d2x without issue.

Raspberry-Pi-4-BCM2711 (1).jpg

Raspberry-Pi-4-BCM2711.jpg

Raspberry-Pi-Compute-Module-4-Raspberry-Pi-4.jpg

On 8/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, Miska said:

AudioLinux is not among my supported OS. I support HQPlayer OS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian as platform for HQPlayer Embedded.

Other companies may support HQPlayer Embedded on other OS, but for any support questions you need to ask them, not me.

HQPlayer OS is on wired Ethernet, some people have this need. How can I control her with HQPlayer OS using wifi and connect to naa directly with a network cable.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:04 AM, Traktorist3d said:

Miska, a few more important questions:
1. Decreasing the volume for each channel, preserves data integrity? Is this not the same as digitally adjusting the volume when bits are subtracted and some of the data is lost? Can I use it without worry, or is it better to be controlled by an analog amplifier?

What do you mean by "preserves data integrity"? Digital volume control done in a correct way has less losses than any analog volume control.

2. If I buy a license for HQPEmb, will it work for both the x86 version and the Pi version?

HQPlayer Embedded licenses are tied to hardware fingerprint of a specific piece of hardware.

3. Is it necessary to apply DIZERING when changing the frequency of discrimination from 44.100 to 192.000?

Yes, if I understand correctly what you are trying to say.

4.I wonder if the Pi4 version of HQPE will work on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. I would like to connect a sound card to the PCIEx single board. There is an expansion card with PCIEx, the link on the resource indicates that the sound works fully. So I wonder if HQPE will see a sound card for PI4 PCIEx.
HQPE for x86 sees my ASUS Xpnar d2x without issue.

I have never tried this, so I'm not sure whether it will work or not.

47 minutes ago, fishflower said:

Miska

hqplayerd_4.25.0-81_amd64.deb in ubuntu-20.04.2-live-server-amd64 questions:
root@nuc8:/lib# sudo hqplayerd hq hq &

[1] 357693
root@nuc8:/lib# hqplayerd: error while loading shared libraries: libamdhip64.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Have you checked the link in installation instructions:

https://rocmdocs.amd.com/en/latest/Installation_Guide/Installation-Guide.html#ubuntu

38 minutes ago, fishflower said:

HQPlayer OS is on wired Ethernet, some people have this need. How can I control her with HQPlayer OS using wifi and connect to naa directly with a network cable.

Just connect everything on the same network, WiFi access point on the same network allows seamless acess over WiFi too.

1 hour ago, fishflower said:

Miska

hqplayerd_4.25.0-81_amd64.deb in ubuntu-20.04.2-live-server-amd64 questions:
root@nuc8:/lib# sudo hqplayerd hq hq &

[1] 357693
root@nuc8:/lib# hqplayerd: error while loading shared libraries: libamdhip64.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But ,I have already done the first step, the second step, and the third step as above this afternoon.

(at :Setting Permissions for Groups )

1 、

sudo apt update

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt install libnuma-dev

sudo reboot

2、sudo apt install wget gnupg2

wget -q -O - https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -

echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ ubuntu main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list

3、

sudo apt update

sudo apt install rocm-dkms && sudo reboot
1 hour ago, Miska said:

Just connect everything on the same network, WiFi access point on the same network allows seamless acess over WiFi too.

hq os provides wireless network hotspots and mobile app to control her. The wired network is directly connected to hq os and naa. hq os can play music files on the local hard disk without a router. I want it to be possible. In this way, it is not interfered by the router and the remote nas. The gateway of hq os is the ip address of naa, and the ip address of hq is the gateway of naa.Get rid of the home network completely.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:39 PM, fishflower said:

hq os provides wireless network hotspots and mobile app to control her. The wired network is directly connected to hq os and naa. hq os can play music files on the local hard disk without a router. I want it to be possible.

That is wrong way. It is all designed to be part of a home network. Any other setup is unsupported.

In this way, it is not interfered by the router and the remote nas.

If you have a proper switch, there's no interference.

Get rid of the home network completely.

All the stuff is specifically designed to part of a home network... That is also how I use and test it.