IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

45 minutes ago, lpost said:

I just tried ASDM7EC DSD256 with sinc-lp and it won't even initialize after 2 mins. Power usage remains fixed at 32w total system draw not TDP but no movement of playback. It appears to crash HQPeOS, web page is non-responsive and doesn't recover.

Single-stage filter variants? Try with ext2 or one of the -2s variants (except -long which will still take long time).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 minutes ago, lpost said:

I'm now able to run ext3 and ASDM7EC with 44.1. Perhaps SSE4.2 is what my old proc needed. And no white noise events, so far...

It has AVX2 as well, and HQPlayer will utilize it. But I reverted back to original Intel optimized build model on HQPlayer OS in order to support Intel Atom/Celeron/Pentium hardware that lacks AVX2 support. This is a bit tricky to do, but so far it has been working. It is just sub-optimal for new AMD CPUs.

With the latest version of hqplayer embedded on ubuntu 20.04 having issue with attached hard drive with my music.When I updated this  time had to rescan library.Never had to do this ever before.When it scans it says failed but library is available.Turn pc of have to rescan library again ?

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

With the latest version of hqplayer embedded on ubuntu 20.04 having issue with attached hard drive with my music.When I updated this  time had to rescan library.Never had to do this ever before.When it scans it says failed but library is available.Turn pc of have to rescan library again ?

Did fresh install working now

9 hours ago, Miska said:

The BIOS "tweaking" done with my servers is:

1. "Load optimized defaults" for BIOS
  2. Select XMP Profile 1 for the RAM (to get full speed)
  3. For machines with fans, set fan profile to "Silent"
  4. Set OS type to "Other" and disable secure boot

Will things run better if disable secure boot and set OS to other.What is purpose ? thanks 

15 hours ago, Miska said:

That random white noise problem with stream sources should be now fixed.

@Miska I'm not sure why your Signalyst home page show new HQP Desktop V4.12.2 but date is 14 June instead of 28 June.

I downloaded the hqplayer4desktop_4.12.2-48amd_amd64.deb but after installed over  the 4.12.1-46amd on Desktop Ubuntu and restarted, it still show as 4.12.1 under Help --> About.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex: H3V3 case - i7-12700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

19 minutes ago, chipvn said:

@Miska I'm not sure why your Signalyst home page show new HQP Desktop V4.12.2 but date is 14 June instead of 28 June.

I downloaded the hqplayer4desktop_4.12.2-48amd_amd64.deb but after installed over  the 4.12.1-46amd on Desktop Ubuntu and restarted, it still show as 4.12.1 under Help --> About.

Hmmh, please refresh the page and remove the old package first with "sudo dpkg --purge hqplayer4desktop" before installing new one. This should make sure you get the latest one installed.

1747540989_Screenshotfrom2021-06-2915-01-51.png.84c24a54da8bd2299eb802c142772a24.png

114967602_Screenshotfrom2021-06-2915-05-04.png.58b662b08377bf76b5a320f9aa5d8050.png

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

Hmmh, please refresh the page and remove the old package first with "sudo dpkg --purge hqplayer4desktop" before installing new one. This should make sure you get the latest one installed.

1747540989_Screenshotfrom2021-06-2915-01-51.png.84c24a54da8bd2299eb802c142772a24.png

Well, I refreshed multiple time both in Windows and in Ubuntu and it is the same.

Anyway, after removed the old one and fresh installed the 4.12.2, I could get the 4.12.2 successfully.

image.thumb.png.17ad4a62e96e15a8a9ed6ac67c629bcc.png

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex: H3V3 case - i7-12700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

11 hours ago, Jacky820 said:

@Miskathanks for the new version.

no luck for the AMD CPU this time, just fallback to 4.24.1! 
same setup n configuration.

4.24.2 dropped after few seconds 

4.24.1 working good

amd 5900x with 32GB RAM

Did you make sure you installed AMD build and not the regular one?

3 hours ago, Jacky820 said:

Thanks for your reply, I am using the HPEOS in USB thumb drive. Do I need to install the Ubuntu n amd built? 

OK, HQPlayer OS went back to the generic build that doesn't work nicely on AMD, to be compatible with those smaller embedded CPUs.

For big AMD CPUs it is better to install Ubuntu Server, and either Ubuntu low-latency kernel or my custom kernel there and use AMD optimized build on it.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

OK, HQPlayer OS went back to the generic build that doesn't work nicely on AMD, to be compatible with those smaller embedded CPUs.

For big AMD CPUs it is better to install Ubuntu Server, and either Ubuntu low-latency kernel or my custom kernel there and use AMD optimized build on it.

Oh. If this is the only solution then let me try this tomorrow. Thanks again for you support.

Hi @Miska , I don't know if my emails have been going astray but I have been trying to get through to you since earlier in June to ask if you could possibly transfer my embedded HQP license to a new key because my Antipodes K50 had to be replaced under warranty and I was given a brand new one in June? I have checked my junk folders but I cant see anything back from you so can only assume they haven't been getting through to you.

many thanks, Nick

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

2 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

Hi @Miska , I don't know if my emails have been going astray but I have been trying to get through to you since earlier in June to ask if you could possibly transfer my embedded HQP license to a new key because my Antipodes K50 had to be replaced under warranty and I was given a brand new one in June? I have checked my junk folders but I cant see anything back from you so can only assume they haven't been getting through to you.

many thanks, Nick

Hi Nick,

I believe I found your email and sent you an updated key. Been trying to catch up with my emails after spending a lot of time hunting down the random white noise issue with stream sources and then making new releases.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Hi Nick,

I believe I found your email and sent you an updated key. Been trying to catch up with my emails after spending a lot of time hunting down the random white noise issue with stream sources and then making new releases.

No problems. Fully understand. I’ve got your email with the revised key. I didn’t want to pester because I was sure you would be rushing around! Cheers. 

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

17 hours ago, Miska said:

hunting down the random white noise issue

I believe it is gone, I experienced the issue with the Project S2 DAC doing DSD, with PCM upsampling it did not happen. Last night I was listening about 3 hours with 4.24.2-80amd_amd64 and there was no white noise incident, tried different sources rates and such, no problems.

Thank you