IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

5 hours ago, Miska said:

I use Spotify for browsing music too, and to play some trance/house/jungle etc tracks and mix sets. CCA + USBStreamer was nice way to get Spotify into HQPlayer.

The “native” apps for Spotify, Apple Music and even Tidal

are getting so good for browsing and recommendations and discovery, I’m getting a bit tired of the 3rd party apps which lag in these areas.

USBstreamer with it’s optical input opens up plenty of options.

Love this feature.

Interesting... but why do you ask for computer password and WiFi password?

I don't think is a good idea for security. HQPlayer can be controlled with his own username and password. Giving permission for a ssh connection to a closed source app is a little dangerous, I think.

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

On 2/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, hifi25nl said:

Interesting... but why do you ask for computer password and WiFi password?

I don't think is a good idea for security. HQPlayer can be controlled with his own username and password. Giving permission for a ssh connection to a closed source app is a little dangerous, I think.

I have included the wi-fi connection becusa in any case it is necessary to connect the smartphone or tablet to HQPlayer server

8 hours ago, andrea ciuffoli said:

Could you test the new release ?

What do you see on screen ?

On my samsung s5 wit android 6.0.1 it crashes immediately after startup. It tries to open a screen but it flashes white and then you get the message it has stopped and if i want report or not. 

On my galaxy tab a with android 8.1.0 your app does start.

Hi @Miska

Is the USBstreamer input fix (to automatically select correct clock) coming to HQPe soon? Also the DoP64 fix.

I'm giving my old man (dad) my USBStreamer and Chromecast Audio to use with HQPe. I'll order another USBStreamer for myself.

I'm perfectly fine with manually selecting clock via ssh but he would have no clue and even if I wrote the steps, he lacks the patience with such things.

I tried a couple times to include the code you told me to add to the config .xml file but I keep getting malformed code after reboot.

I'm probably going blind and need my eyes checked but I checked that I included the correct code/formatting but obviously haven't on both attempts.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Has anyone experience with NAA that supports 4 channel I2S dsd512? From what I can gather there`s never any confirmation about actual rates vs channels. 

Raspberry wouldn`t, Beaglebone hasn`t got the NIC to support this, Imx8m seems to but since I`m no build-your-own-driver-buff I wouldn`t know how to test it.

What I`d like to do: 2 channel audio to stereo 2-way active out in dsd512. Anyone any experience in getting convolution on HQPlayer Desktop (or Linux/embedded) working to a NAA to 4 channels dsd512?

Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Marco said:

What I`d like to do: 2 channel audio to stereo 2-way active out in dsd512. Anyone any experience in getting convolution on HQPlayer Desktop (or Linux/embedded) working to a NAA to 4 channels dsd512?

I think your best bet at the moment are 8-channel DSD-capable DACs (exaSound or Merging)... I use exaSound e28 for such cases (newer model is called e38). Both of these options are limited to DSD256 though.

Note however that exaSound doesn't work under Linux. They have a NAA capable device called PlayPoint. But Windows based NAA should also work.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

20 hours ago, Miska said:

I think your best bet at the moment are 8-channel DSD-capable DACs (exaSound or Merging)... I use exaSound e28 for such cases (newer model is called e38). Both of these options are limited to DSD256 though.

Note however that exaSound doesn't work under Linux. They have a NAA capable device called PlayPoint. But Windows based NAA should also work.

Thanks Miska, those look like high quality, ready built options, but I`m looking mainly for a raw dsd datastream like provided by the Beaglebone/Botic combination. Kind of hoped somebody had been tinkering with e.g. the new NXP IMX8M, or some other Arm board that a capable GPIO programmer could get up and running  in a day or two.

I`m guessing it`s rather off topic and out of scope here on CA and will continue this question over at Diyaudio, but it is rather surprising to me that in 2019 there isn`t any capable hardware that can do more than 2 channels of dsd`s best format 🙂

Btw, any idea what makes that "chipless dac's" like the dsc1 put out loads less modulation noise/isi when fed with the AMSDM7 modulator? 

Enjoy your sunday 🙂

On 5/25/2018 at 10:16 PM, Miska said:

Yes, that's correct. To be exact, "1x" filters apply to source sampling rates below 50 kHz. While "Nx" filters apply to source sampling rates above 50 kHz. Both settings are independent and unrelated, so you are free to choose what you want for either one.

From practical perspective, the point is that you can choose sharper roll-off filters for "1x" rates and slower roll-off filters for hires. Or you can select same for both and then things work as before...

Miska where can i find latest user guide for embedded explaining the different filters ?

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

Hi,

I see a new embedded 4.9.0 is available (downloading now) but also mention of a new NAA 3.5.6

Is there a cubox image for NAA 3.5.6 somewhere?

Question to Miska

Do you (strongly) advice to follow your upgrade path, even if all seems to work fine (in one’s own setup).

Reason for asking is twofold:

upgrade announcement 4.9.0 in what area bugs are resolved and what kind of improvements are delivered, is rather vague

As my system is running Audiolinux, I assume that major OS upgrade is not applicable for my system?

Thansk for your feedback

Dirk

5 hours ago, cat6man said:

Is there a cubox image for NAA 3.5.6 somewhere?

No, not yet. I'll look into that later. CuBox-i uses different kernel, so I need to move my newer patches over to that one. And at the same time I'd update it overall.

Packages for various Linux distros are available too.  No big changes, so no need to rush about this update. Only macOS version is a bit bigger change because it enabled IPv6 support.

4 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Question to Miska

Do you (strongly) advice to follow your upgrade path, even if all seems to work fine (in one’s own setup).

Reason for asking is twofold:

upgrade announcement 4.9.0 in what area bugs are resolved and what kind of improvements are delivered, is rather vague

As my system is running Audiolinux, I assume that major OS upgrade is not applicable for my system?

There were some regressions in 4.8, so if you are using 4.8, 4.9 gets rid of some issues that were introduced there. If you are at 4.7 and don't need the 4.8 new features, you don't necessarily need to update. When I or someone find glitches, I keep fixing those of course, so there are usually number of small fixes always.

That OS upgrade is only applicable to the bootable image. (my kernel builds for Ubuntu/Debian are updated independently)

On 2/7/2019 at 1:56 AM, Miska said:

It has become malformed XML. Please check that the syntax is correct. "/>" terminates the element (unless it encloses other elements or body, where it is then terminated by </name>).

You have the slash in the middle of the initial element descriptor, between attributes, and then it is not terminated...

Hi Jussi

I've updated to 4.9 HQPe on Debian Stretch. It appears I still have malformed code after a reboot?

And it reverts to internal clock after reboot:

933535906_ScreenShot2019-02-26at1_15_30pm.thumb.png.c8438f0d0895ab811608d61618063077.png

687145941_ScreenShot2019-02-26at1_16_35pm.png.33a420196a0f8db1578bf3aadc240728.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<xml>

<output type="network"/>

<pcm dither="8" filter="24" filter1x="24" samplerate="0"/>

<sdm bitrate="0" modulator="6" oversampling="22" oversampling1x="22"/>

<mode value="sdm"/>

<title value="HQPlayerEmbedded"/>

<web css="default.css" port="8088"/>

<log enabled="1" file="/tmp/hqplayerd.log"/>

<engine auto_family="1" cd_drive="/dev/cdrom" channels="2" cuda="0" direct_sdm="0" dsd_6db="0" fft_size="512" multicore="auto" pdm_conv="5" pdm_filt="0" removable="/media" sdm_conversion="0" sdm_integrator="0" volume_hw="0" volume_max="0" volume_min="-60"$

<defaults bitrate="24576000" dither="5" filter="9" modulator="6" oversampling="9" samplerate="768000" volume="-9"/>

<alsa channel_offset="0" dac_bits="24" device="hw:0,0" dualwire="0" friendly_name="" pack_sdm="0" period_time="100" volume_element="Master"/>

<network address="naa" dac_bits="0" device="hw:CARD=Digital,DEV=0" dualwire="0" friendly_name="naa: Pre Box S2 Digital: USB Audio" ipv6="0" pack_sdm="0" period_time="0"/>

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" name="USBStreamer @44.1k" nperiods="4" period_time="100" samplerate="44100" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&apos; &apos;miniDSP TOSLINK Clo$

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" name="USBStreamer @48k" nperiods="4" period_time="100" samplerate="48000" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&apos; &apos;miniDSP TOSLINK Clock$

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" name="USBStreamer @88.2k" nperiods="4" period_time="100" samplerate="88200" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&apos; &apos;miniDSP TOSLINK Clo$

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" name="USBStreamer @96k" nperiods="4" period_time="100" samplerate="96000" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&apos; &apos;miniDSP TOSLINK Clock$

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" format="auto" name="USBStreamer @176.4k" nperiods="4" pack_sdm="1" period_time="100" samplerate="176400" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&ap$

<input channels="2" device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0" format="auto" name="USBStreamer @192k" nperiods="4" pack_sdm="1" period_time="100" samplerate="192000" script="amixer -D hw:CARD=USBStreamer sset &apos;miniDSP Clock Selector Clock Source&apos$