IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

6 minutes ago, Miska said:

After some changes in HQPE 4.2.0, I tested A+ again and now it seems to work. Although A+ crashed after a while, but that's another thing. So yes, you can now use also that one as a front-end.

Wow. Great news. A cheaper and non-Roon alternative supporting Tidal and Qobuz, for both Mac and soon Windows.

@Miska

Setting multicore DSP to enabled now goes full-on with all cores while auto setting calculates more adaptive work distribution strategy. 

Is this just a tweak or was multicore=auto not implemented at all in Embedded previously? I guess I was under the mistaken impression that it was! Looking forward to doing some listening tonight. 

8 hours ago, arglebargle said:

Is this just a tweak or was multicore=auto not implemented at all in Embedded previously? I guess I was under the mistaken impression that it was! Looking forward to doing some listening tonight. 

It is a tweak. Maybe the note wasn't so clear... Both were working previously, but multicore="1" was using fixed number of threads, now it uses all cores for everything. "auto" works as before where it decides based on number of cores and processing details how to distribute work to cores. In most cases "auto" should work the best, but if one runs out of CPU power with "auto" (stuttering), try setting it to "1" instead and see if it helps or not. Mostly it may help on cases like i7-8700(K) running single stage xtr filters. In other cases it may make things just worse.

So it is kind of performance fine-tuning possibility when you are close to capabilities of the CPU.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Miska said:

It is a tweak. Maybe the note wasn't so clear... Both were working previously, but multicore="1" was using fixed number of threads, now it uses all cores for everything. "auto" works as before where it decides based on number of cores and processing details how to distribute work to cores.

Where can I set this multicore parameter? I did not find in the HQPE setting interface. 

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

15 hours ago, louisxiawei said:

Where can I set this multicore parameter? I did not find in the HQPE setting interface. 

Solved. Didn't read the "readme" txt file too carefully. 

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

On 6/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, Miska said:

Strange, all versions are built from the same source and http-get is certainly being set to Rygel same way in all versions. I need to check what is going on with the image and why Rygel tells something else. There's no reason to put this kind of stuff to the config file.

But so far I've tested things only with BubbleUPnP and mConnect Player.

Upgrade to the latest version of HQPe, but still no luck in getting to work.  Now I am at least seeing the stream being forwarded to HQPe.  Will have to try couple of other configuration.

I do have one questions related to the upnp section and mimetype.  What are all the mimetypes that can be added under that section even if they are advertised by default?

55 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I do have one questions related to the upnp section and mimetype.  What are all the mimetypes that can be added under that section even if they are advertised by default?

There's no limit what mime types you can add to be advertised, but of course there's no point in claiming to support some mime type that isn't really supported.

You can have the supported file formats as mime types plus raw PCM. In addition HQPlayer supports streaming raw PCM and DSD using it's own way, which is used for example by Roon.

19 hours ago, Miska said:

There's no limit what mime types you can add to be advertised, but of course there's no point in claiming to support some mime type that isn't really supported.

You can have the supported file formats as mime types plus raw PCM. In addition HQPlayer supports streaming raw PCM and DSD using it's own way, which is used for example by Roon.

Is there a way to turn on additional logging for the librygel portion?  I would really like to get UPnPBridge working with HQPe so I can take advantage of Deezer HiFi account.  I want to collect plenty of logs to share with you and Phillipe the author of UPnPBridge to help narrow down the potential incompatibility.

5 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Is there a way to turn on additional logging for the librygel portion?  I would really like to get UPnPBridge working with HQPe so I can take advantage of Deezer HiFi account.  I want to collect plenty of logs to share with you and Phillipe the author of UPnPBridge to help narrow down the potential incompatibility.

Yes, if you set environment variable G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all then all Rygel trace stuff will be printed out. If you do this on command line, it is printed right there, if you do it for the service then it goes to systemd journal.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, if you set environment variable G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all then all Rygel trace stuff will be printed out. If you do this on command line, it is printed right there, if you do it for the service then it goes to systemd journal.

I am hoping the attached logs will help.  The first two files are hqplayerd.log files, while the other two files are related to output from console after setting the debug log and manually starting the hqplayerd.  When a flac stream is sent hqplayerd crashes, while with wav file rygel is stating that it is playing but hqplayerd.log says chunk missing.

hqpe_flac.log

hqpe_wav.log

hqpe-wav-chunked-missing-hqp-logfile.log

hqpe-flac-crash.log

On 6/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, Miska said:

Yes you can. You need to flash it with stereo Toslink firmware version. Automatic rate switching doesn't work with it (you need to manually select input rate from HQPE web interface), but that shouldn't be much of an issue as long as source is mostly 44.1k for example. I have one in use with Chromecast Audio.

Time to try the MiniDSP device with Chromecast and give up on LMS and UPnP.  Are there any other devices in similar price range which do support automatic rate switching under HQPe?

57 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Time to try the MiniDSP device with Chromecast and give up on LMS and UPnP.  Are there any other devices in similar price range which do support automatic rate switching under HQPe?

Only thing that currently supports rate switching is RME HDSPe AIO and possibly also HDSPe RayDAT (being variant of the same core). USB devices are generally stupid, because the UAC standard expects computer to always set the sampling rate and doesn't properly support slaved clocks.

I have some other devices on my TODO-list, but that'll need some Linux driver customizations.

Remember to flash that MiniDSP dongle with "Toslink IN/OUT" firmware version (there are many).

I had upgraded the Network Audio Daemon to the latest 3.5.4 version last night. Although I could run the HQPlayer Desktop for Windows to link with the Daemon for playing music, I had a problem to run the HQPlayer Embedded to link with the Daemon. Before the upgrade, I could run the HQPlayer Embedded to link with the last Daemon version 3.5.2.

Just wonder if anyone encountered similar problem. Is there any advice to solve this problem? Thanks!

10 hours ago, mtcs said:

I'm running HPQe on a sonicTransporter i7 and would like to upgrade to the latest version. Do I simply uninstall and re-install HPQe or is there more to it?  

Actually there's less to it. Just go to 'Software Update' and it will upgrade HQPe (and any other apps that have updates) automatically.

15 hours ago, simonklp said:

I had upgraded the Network Audio Daemon to the latest 3.5.4 version last night. Although I could run the HQPlayer Desktop for Windows to link with the Daemon for playing music, I had a problem to run the HQPlayer Embedded to link with the Daemon. Before the upgrade, I could run the HQPlayer Embedded to link with the last Daemon version 3.5.2.

Just wonder if anyone encountered similar problem. Is there any advice to solve this problem? Thanks!

What are you running the hqplayerd and networkaudiod on? It is working for me, hqplayerd 4.2.0 and networkaudiod 3.5.4.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

What are you running the hqplayerd and networkaudiod on? It is working for me, hqplayerd 4.2.0 and networkaudiod 3.5.4.

I had tried again last night, but it still didn't work. The versions are hqplayerd 4.2.0 and networkaudiod 3.5.4 for Windows 64 bits.

9 hours ago, simonklp said:

I had tried again last night, but it still didn't work. The versions are hqplayerd 4.2.0 and networkaudiod 3.5.4 for Windows 64 bits.

You have IPv6 enabled for the network interface? You don't need to configure it in any way, IPv6 has nice serverless auto-configuration.

I assume this is stock Windows 10 with latest updates and without running any special "optimization" applications...