IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, @agillis from Small Green Computer was kind enough to lend me his i9 sonicTransporter for an article I'm writing. This thing is fantastic so far. Given all the pain people have had running Roon on the same machine as HQP, I'll try it on the sT as well and report back. 

I have been running Roon and HQPlayer together on a SonicTransporter i9 Optical via optical Rendu as NAA for almost a year. They work together very well. I find that every once in a while, if I have left the system unplayed for a day or two, Roon locks up (freezes when I push play), in which case I have to reboot the opticalRendu and sonicTransporter. That fixes things. It is the sort of minimal wonkiness that makes this system absolutely NOT a set it and forget It "lifestyle audio solution," but certainly a level of effort I can tolerate given the SQ and ability to operate Roon and HQP using a single device, and less wonky than a lot of hobbyist equipment choices. 

• 2 weeks later...

I need some assistance getting my local files set up to play via HQPlayer (I have been using Roon plus HQPlayer to date).  I tried with limited success importing my local files into HQPlayer embedded. I provided the path on my sonicTransporter where all of my files reside. HQPlayer told me to wait 10 seconds, and then ... only 75 of my 1,000+ albums got imported. 

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I highly recommend HQPDcontrolV4 on iOS for remote control. 

Thanks, that looks like a good tool. Any suggestions on a fast and easy bulk ALAC to FLAC convertor that runs on Windows and I could just point toward the music folder on my sonicTransporter? Would be excellent if it would dig into all subfolders to identify and convert files automatically. 

Well, OK. I have now converted all my ALAC/M4A files to FLAC, and deleted the duplicate ALAC files. Now, I need help getting those files imported to the HQPlayer library. The screenshot below shows the blank field I need to fill; everything I try putting in there fails to get any files imported. What am I failing to understand?

image.thumb.png.fbf0c9d6834acf7464050ce080de1dcd.png

Here is a screenshot of the folder/file path where my music resides on my sonicTransporter:

image.thumb.png.6fb63e08bc278756c9b2e4614aeedc82.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone help me with upgrading to HQPE 5 on my Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i9? It came loaded with HQPE 4, which has automatically *updated* (not *upgraded*) over the years up to the current and last/final version, HQPE 4.35. I assume I have to pay to upgrade to HQPE 5, which I want to do, but want to do it right the first time on my SGC SonicTransporter. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...