IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

On 7/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, rossco said:

I have an odd issue today.

I came to use the desktop version in Linux Mint and I can open the software (4.12.2-47 I think) but then I cannot actually click on anything, it doesnt respond. I have tried killing the app and also reinstalling. Everything else seems to be working on the PC. Any ideas?

Just a FWIW, different setup but similar behavior

Only a early version of 4x works, beyond that it will not.  This would seemingly indicate something may have changed in the application not meshing in some environments like it used to

My rig

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

*I'm testing the eval* > Is there a HD size limit for the image?  I burned the "hqplayer-embedded-4.28.3-x64amd.img" to my 512GB M.2 and it doesn't seem get past the initial boot sequence (it recognizes the mouse keyboard etc..) and just sits there.  The Ethernet light is off as well.

This is the same image I burned to my USB stick (using same wkst) and everything works fine (boots up, I can config via web, play music) .  I just wanted to test this with the internal drive since that is what I would go with if I purchase.  I'm sure its something on my end.

My rig

15 hours ago, Miska said:

No error messages? Does it detect the NVMe? Root partition is found based on partition ID, but if kernel doesn't recognize the storage, then it will fail mounting rootfs.

This is far as it gets.  Can't tell if this is the start of embedded or POST stuff.  I used etcher to burn to the m.2 USB enclosure

emb screen.JPG

My rig

39 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is sitting in "Waiting for root device PARTUUID..." so it is not finding the NVMe device and waiting it to come up.

I'll take a look for next release if some driver has ended up being disabled.

OK thanks, I'll take a look at BIOS setting startup / boot order in case I inadvertently set something

My rig