IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

No files will be sent to hqp embedded on my side, whatever I tried. Could you be so nice to share exact settings in upnp/dlna bridge to make it finally work if it worked for you?

37 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Thank you so much, but guess I'll only be able to install this by adding the link to repository in LMS which doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
6 hours ago, bibo01 said:

@MiskaAround September last year I let you know that an Italian user had setup LMS with Embedded v4.x through the use of UPnPBridge plugin. The only downside was, at the time, to use an old version of the plugin - 0.2.9.5 (2016-09-06).

We suggested you - and you seemed to agree - to get in touch with philippe44ca, the plugin developer, to overcome a couple of problems connected to the use of that old version. 

Have you ever done anything about it? Any development?  

Yes +1 here. And maybe the new but not old plugin version? I personally wasn't able to find that old plugin myself and philippe44ca wasn't supportive too.

11 hours ago, bibo01 said:

Good news for HQPlayer Embedded users: Embedded can work fine with LMS.

In reality, this is a procedure I already reported last year but it presented some difficulties, however now there are updates and the problems have been overcome, as reported by Unixman user on Italian site NextHardware.

That's great, but can it really work gapless? Guess not..

15 hours ago, bibo01 said:

A quick test has been done. In the previous working version of UPnPbridge enabling gapless it would block everything. Now, enabling gapless and set http on "fixed", it works, but there are some problems from time to time...sometimes it stops (it does not go to the next track).

Great to know, but to me  it still didn't work at all!!.. I use Daphile to HQP OS, maybe that's the reason. The Bridge discovers hqplayer and the playlist goes ok, but no sound... Can you maybe please report all the settings you made in UPnPbridge to know what I did wrong? Maybe the screenshot of settings, thanks if possible!

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Holzohr said:

Spasibo bolshoe for mentioning the PURE firmware! I have reactivated my dusty BBB and have Tidal Connect now! Besides NAA (not yet tested) and more.

AFAIK there's a networking DAC project up and going, feat. BBB>PURE OS>I2S> R2R DAC DSC 2.5~6 based on @Miska 's original open source and developed by Pavel @ppyand his sideman assembling the units. First happy owners abroad in Europe right now.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Miska said:

You mean HQPlayer OS? You can manually already do this and scan library from all of those. Easiest is to place all mount points under same subfolder and thus make library scans easier by pointing scan to the common parent.

Thanks @Miska, what is the separation mark between the mount points if placing them under same subfolder, is it like ; or?

1 hour ago, Miska said:

It is one line per item in /etc/fstab, once you have added one through the web interface, you have an example there too.

Then how I can scan each separate one, not all at once?

Sorry, but if I add them one by one I can't scan all at ones, only the last one mounted, same with playing from library - only the last mounted disc wil play...

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Syntax of fstab is one item per line. Per each line, first source device (share), second mount point, third filesystem type, fourth mount options, fifth dump interval (leave at zero), sixth bootup check order

//123.123.123.123/share1	/music/share1	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//123.123.123.123/share2	/music/share2	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//321.321.321.321/sharex	/music/sharex	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0

Mount point directories need to exist.

See manual page linked in my earlier post for more details on fstab syntax.

And to add some new items to directories means scanning the whole mount point anew.

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

And the clean scan was not checked? What kind of NAS is it? And at least hqplayerd 4.23? I've been scanning 1 TB of fresh music in such time. From a server running Ubuntu 20.04.

Not really NAS, just storage on my other machine, LMS on Gentoo (Daphile), guess nothing is wrong here, can send a log file, maybe it's of non-registered software, yes it's 4.23.0 and yes I finally added the album after 45 minutes of scanning..

Earlier I was able to scan my another 1Tb HDD by no adding nothing new in several minutes on the same machine..

29 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Hi @Miska

Since version 4.23.1 HQP OS refused to connect in web interface for me.

4.24.0 the same thing, though it always shows in wired clients list in my router.

4.23.0 connects fine...

Opera and Google Chrome, tried all from mobile or desktop, no chance

In reported versions it doesn't show up in Bubble UPnP for me too..

• 1 month later...