IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Miska said:

Some things are missing from the web interface. But you can find it for example from HQPlayer Client.

If Roon would want to, they could control it over the current control API like they do for volume now.

That would be an actual useful update as well...

No electron left behind.

29 minutes ago, Miska said:

I would much rather have Roon support auto-discovery of HQPlayer based on name. So that if your HQPlayer server runs on a machine that uses IP from DHCP, it would work even despite the IP keeps changing over time

What I meant to say was that I wish they would fully implement and integrate HQP as much as your APIs allow.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, perpetualapprentice said:

Followed this advice, triple checked repository list, tried various alternatives, still no success. Web searches for "error while loading shared libraries" is a nice learning experience. Unfortunately, I'm unable to devote more time to this right now.

Reverted to hqplayerd_4.22.3-67_amd64 - Everything related to hqplayerd completely purged, "new" install succeeded on first attempt & running without issue.

Will survive listening to the fantastic poly-sinc-ext3 via modest PCM upsampling my M1 mini for now.

For what it's worth, I always autoremove and --purge before even attempting an install of the new version.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

How are folks getting around bit rate changes with Qobuz --> Roon --> HQPlayer.  I have set HQPlayer to play native format so I have instances where I have to pause/play in Roon to get the song playing.  This happens with mConnect also.  So I have some setting under HQPe that needs to be tweaked.

Can you clarify what you're asking here? DO you not want the bit rate changes? Is your system not auto switching the bit rate?

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Lampizator DAC - Roon --> HQPe --> NAA (win10) --> DAC

I added 50ms to resync delay and I will let you know how it goes.

I have a Lampi DAC as well. I checked my settings and I do have a resync delay set. I can't necessarily remember why though.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobflood said:

The upcoming M1X/M2 chip might be the first to be able to do ASDM7EC/DSD512. We will see this winter.

I think it would really be something if there was a way to access the "neural engine" of the chip and use that to assist with the upsampling/filtering.

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, Miska said:

Neural engines typically use 8-bit integer and 16-bit floating point math, which is something unsuitable for audio... While for audio we need 64-bit integer and floating point. And for some cases also 80-bit and 128-bit floating point.

Thanks for clarifying Miska, I had no idea,.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, lpost said:

In the past ~10 hours of playback, I've had 3 occurrences of the white noise issue running ROCK. Much better than while running Windows but still not normal. I'm back to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Hopefully this problem does not occur again...

I've had that happen once, and it was recently, within the last week, on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as well.

No electron left behind.

I am running HQP desktop version on there because I am still not 100% comfortable using only the command line over ssh and it's the latest version. 4.12.1. I run that to an NAA on either a Pi4 or a Sonore device, it was the Pi when it happened.

I do not have a May DAC.

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Can you (or someone else) reproduce it without a NAA? Not that there would have been any changes to the NAA backend in a long time, but most of my testing is without a NAA. Since I have not been able to reproduce this with or without a NAA, it would be useful to have some indication if there is something in common with cases where it happens.

I suppose I can reconfigure to run without an NAA on my desktop here, I can't guarantee I will be able to reproduce the white noise though. It happened entirely randomly.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Nothing changed.When doesn't work when i;m logged in ssh pc freezes and i can watch memory climb to max 

sudo apt autoremove --purge "hqplayer".     Note: insert the proper description for hqplayer in the quotes.

and then reinstall.

Have you done any software updates to the computer recently?

No electron left behind.