IGNORED

EAR Yoshino DAC 4 Digital to Analog Converter

GoodSoundClub - Romy the Cat's Audio Site - EAR Yoshino DAC 4 by Tim Paravicini

I have listened to EAR DAC 4 in two systems.

Specification:

BNC/AES SPDIF input , no serious jitter rejection , no Digital processing , no op-amp , wolfson DAC 8741 , transformer coupled ECC88 output tube stage (5v output with analog volume control to drive power amp).

tube rolling: Telefunken E88CC

the wolfson 8741 is not true multi-bit

jitter reduction is not good

usb input sounds crap

stock ECC888 tubes are crap

it should be used with Pre amplifier

as you see there is no special thing in specification but EAR DAC sounds good to my ear.

EAR DAC 4 have not been tested in a 7 way high resolution system. we listened to this DAC in a good sounding 2way Living voice RW in complete EAR system.

setup:

CEC TL0-X Transport -> EAR DAC 4 -> EAR Pre -> EAR 861 Power -> Living Voice IBX-RW

All Purist Neptune Cabling

i should say this player is fuller than many DACs . "fuller" means better and fuller micro dynamics (like sounds of LP versus CD) even at lower sound levels. it sounds coherent and dynamic but in hard rock music it is a-little out of control. control and extension is affected by complex music but very magical sound in less complex music.

I think EAR is good to be in your list.

I think EAR is good to be in your list.

Amir, what you do is quite stupid thing to do. Why do you care that this or that piece of equipment shall or shall not be in somebody list? You found something that you like, so use it for own benefits (even I doubt that you know what it means). If people in audio think of own Sound more than they demonstrate an anxiety to find a taste-partner then it would be much less idiocy in audio. Please stop do it at my site and if you do it somewhere else then do not post links to my site.

Amir, what you do is quite stupid thing to do. Why do you care that this or that piece of equipment shall or shall not be in somebody list? You found something that you like, so use it for own benefits (even I doubt that you know what it means). If people in audio think of own Sound more than they demonstrate an anxiety to find a taste-partner then it would be much less idiocy in audio. Please stop do it at my site and if you do it somewhere else then do not post links to my site.

Romy

it is very simple to understand that the forum is a place to share our idea or help other members.

OK , i will stop it in your forum