IGNORED

Tidal Announces 96/24bit MasterClass

Tidal Adds a “Track Edit”Feature That Allow Users to Change Length and Tempo of Songs

Added by*Senior Reporter*on January 18, 2017.

Saved under*Gossip,*News,*Technology

Tags:*t,*TIDAL,*Tidal music

Facebook0TwitterGoogle+PinterestTumblrShare

[https://i0]

Introducing the platform’s latest feature: “Track Edit”

Tidal will allow its users to manipulate the length and speed of songs they stream with a new feature called “Track Edit”.

As Pitchfork points out, the newly introduced feature can be accessed by going to the options menu while playing a track. Tempo can be altered after selecting a section of the song. Altered songs can then be saved into playlists for later use.

It’s the second big change to the platform in the new year. Earlier this month, Tidal introduced “master-quality” streaming, a 96 kHz/24 bit quality beyond the standard high-quality option, it promises sound “as flawless as it sounded in the mastering suite.”

The above was copy and pasted from Africametro.com, and I did see/have for a little bit (on my android Tidal app) the ability to edit any said tracks. But its gone! Was this just a tease? And is this 24 bit Masterclass another tease? I'm not seeing any of this on my app, and I'm a subscriber. Any ideas?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

tidal adds a “track edit”feature that allow users to change length and tempo of songs

introducing the platform’s latest feature: “track edit”

tidal will allow its users to manipulate the length and speed of songs they stream with a new feature called “track edit”.

why?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

You get to play studio recorder. Like for example the track "No Excuses" by Alice & Chains (unplugged album), the ending sucks..I can fade that out. And or your making this sick dance playlist and that one track just doesn't jive because of the tempo..

It's a cool feature.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just got a response from Tidal Support..

"Thank you for contacting TIDAL Member Support. The track edit feature is only available (it will only appear) in the mobile app when a track is allowed to be edited. Otherwise, it will not show. The Record Labels determine what can be edited and what cannot be.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Have a nice day"!

And about the Master Recordings.. "The MQA version is only available in the latest desktop client version. It can be downloaded at*tidal.com/download. Master will be available on mobile and web application at a later date.

Please refer to the following article for more information on TIDAL Masters (MQA format)".