Sign in to follow this  
jaz

Best iOS controller?

Rate this topic

What is the best iOS app to use as a controller for upnp/dlna? Tried 8player and Sesam and they are quite poor. Any ideas?

I have no complaints using Jriver/Jremote
Looks like that requires a computer in the mix to run jriver. I have dlna running on my nas and really don't want to use additional software on a computer. Any other alternatives?

Looks like that requires a computer in the mix to run jriver. I have dlna running on my nas and really don't want to use additional software on a computer. Any other alternatives?

JRiver will run on a QNAP.

The Lumin app is an OpenHome (aka UPnP with Linn extensions) controller, so won't normally work with standard UPnP/DLNA streamers. However, if you also run the BubbleUPnP Server helper software (on a networked computer & can also be installed on some NASs - requires the Java Runtime), you can get OpenHome renderer emulation for your standard UPnP/DLNA renderer and therefore allow you to use an OpenHome controller with it:

BubbleUPnP Server - Creating OpenHome renderers

media_renderers.jpg

One of the benefits of using an OpenHome controller is that you can get native access to the TIDAL & Qobuz online music streaming services. Another OpenHome controller to consider for iOS is the Linn Kazoo app.

BTW, my recommendation for a standard UPnP/DLNA iOS controller is the Creation C5 app.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

The Lumin app is an OpenHome (aka UPnP with Linn extensions) controller, so won't normally work with standard UPnP/DLNA streamers. However, if you also run the BubbleUPnP Server helper software (on a networked computer & can also be installed on some NASs - requires the Java Runtime), you can get OpenHome renderer emulation for your standard UPnP/DLNA renderer and therefore allow you to use an OpenHome controller with it:

BubbleUPnP Server - Creating OpenHome renderers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33459[/ATTACH]

One of the benefits of using an OpenHome controller is that you can get native access to the TIDAL & Qobuz online music streaming services. Another OpenHome controller to consider for iOS is the Linn Kazoo app.

BTW, my recommendation for a standard UPnP/DLNA iOS controller is the Creation C5 app.

Stumbled upon a very nice controller called Glider music streamer. By far the best controller I found so far. Missing a few features but it's pretty sweet.

Not really on the topic of the thread though, as the Synology controller app is 'just' a remote control for its own library & player, so not a UPnP/DLNA controller aka control point.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Stumbled upon a very nice controller called Glider music streamer. By far the best controller I found so far. Missing a few features but it's pretty sweet.
Good find & supports gapless playback too!

-- Jo Cox