IGNORED

How do I use SoX?

Lumbridge

Hi,

I have been trying to rip a SACD using this guide that I found on the Linn forum:

Ripping SACD to 24 bit FLAC with a PS3

On page 10 someone listed the code that you use to get rid of the clicks at the start and end of the file:

sox [input filename] [output filename] trim 53s pad 53s reverse trim 53s pad 53s reverse

I am finding this really confusing as I've never used anything like this before and nothing seems to be working. I edited the .bat file and pasted in the command and then I typed in the filename in the input but it says that it's invalid (FAIL formats: can't open input file '[album.wav]' No such file or directory.

I changed something else earlier and it made the output file but it was only 1kb. Other times it just flashes up and disappears when I drag my file onto the .bat file. I can't find out what I'm doing wrong, can someone please help?

I manually entered it after opening the command window in the folder but it still gave me the same results. It creates the output file but it stays at 0kb. Here is my .bat file:

sox in.wav out.wav trim 0.0065 reverse silence 1 0 0% trim 0.0065 reverse pad 0.0065 0.2

pause

I tried this also:

sox in.wav in.wav trim 0.0065 reverse silence 1 0 0% trim 0.0065 reverse pad 0.0065 0.2

pause

It said that the audio was shorter than expected and just made my file around 100kb.