IGNORED

Stereo channel issues?

Please excuse me if this is the not the area to post this question; first time poster.

Recently upgraded most of my electronics about a month ago with no installation issues; at least it seemed so. Have the following setup: Synology NAS=>Windows 10 PC running foobar 2000=>USB to Cary Audio DAC 200ts=>Balanced output into Pass Labs INT-150.

Just happen to go into the Windows sound part of control panel and checked the channel tone generator. The left channel tone play through both channels and the right channel was very muted. I even did a test of left/right tones using audiocheck tone generator and each channel played through both speakers. Everything seems fine listening to music through foobar, but not totally certain. Checked connections, disabled all other audio devices, checked channel levels in Windows, connected to different computer but still had similar results. Don't recall having this issue with previous equipment but maybe need to test.

Question is, is this normal or is something else occurring? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kin

What is channel tone generator?

Foobar need set for playback via AISO or WASAPI (need foobar's plugins) for avoiding processing audio into Windows mixer and drivers.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

What is channel tone generator?

It's a Windows sound control panel for checking sound output. There should be total isolation between channels; i.e. if one plays the right tone, it should only appear in the right channel, etc. If he were hearing either the left or right channel equally in both channels, I'd say that he had somehow configured his Windows computer for monaural sound, but since the channel bleed from one channel to the next is not 100%, I'd have to say that I have no idea what's going on with his Windows setup.

Foobar need set for playback via AISO or WASAPI (need foobar's plugins) for avoiding processing audio into Windows mixer and drivers.

WASAPI sounds the best,

George

Please excuse me if this is the not the area to post this question; first time poster.

Recently upgraded most of my electronics about a month ago with no installation issues; at least it seemed so. Have the following setup: Synology NAS=>Windows 10 PC running foobar 2000=>USB to Cary Audio DAC 200ts=>Balanced output into Pass Labs INT-150.

Just happen to go into the Windows sound part of control panel and checked the channel tone generator. The left channel tone play through both channels and the right channel was very muted. I even did a test of left/right tones using audiocheck tone generator and each channel played through both speakers. Everything seems fine listening to music through foobar, but not totally certain. Checked connections, disabled all other audio devices, checked channel levels in Windows, connected to different computer but still had similar results. Don't recall having this issue with previous equipment but maybe need to test.

Question is, is this normal or is something else occurring? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kin

Have you disabled the Windows 10 Soundcard's sound effects such as SRS?

I did face similar situation with my Dell laptop and it looks like like two sound apps running in the background. One was Dell sound and the other was Realtek HD sound.

I am not sure how I solved the problem but basically I uninstalled the Soundcard and let windows to reinstall the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a Windows sound control panel for checking sound output. There should be total isolation between channels; i.e. if one plays the right tone, it should only appear in the right channel, etc. If he were hearing either the left or right channel equally in both channels, I'd say that he had somehow configured his Windows computer for monaural sound, but since the channel bleed from one channel to the next is not 100%, I'd have to say that I have no idea what's going on with his Windows setup.

There is additional software and/or settings of driver for control Cary Audio DAC?

I'd first see what is settings inslde DAC (hardwre box).

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 2 weeks later...
Have you disabled the Windows 10 Soundcard's sound effects such as SRS?

I did face similar situation with my Dell laptop and it looks like like two sound apps running in the background. One was Dell sound and the other was Realtek HD sound.

I am not sure how I solved the problem but basically I uninstalled the Soundcard and let windows to reinstall the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do just what you said: uninstalled the soundcard and restart. It is back to normal now. Thank you very much!