IGNORED

SoTM or microRendu with Singxer SU-1

Simon Moon

I am narrowing my decision between one of these 2 devices, and since I want to take advantage of I2s input of my Gustard X20 dac (in order to get quad DSD) , I am thinking of also buying a Singxer SU-1.

Is anyone else using this combo? Are they compatible?

The reason why I ask, is because the description for the Singxer includes the following:

System compatibility:

- Windows XP,Windows 7,Windows 8;32/64 bit,need install driver

- Native MacOS 10.6 and later,use own driver

- Native Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel,use own driver

- Android OS 4.2 and above,need support OTG function

Thanks

Yes, in my review of the Holo Spring DAC I am using the Singxer Su-1 to interface with the Holo's I2S input, while using both the Windows USB output and/or the microRendu USB output. Currently the Singxer will do DSD256 but not 512. The Su-1 has enough flexibility to interface with several I2S handshakes including the Gustard, PS Audio and Holo.

Computer Audiophile - Holo Audio Spring Level 3 Kitsune Tuned Edition R2R DAC Review

Can't think of a reason it wouldn't work.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yes, in my review of the Holo Spring DAC I am using the Singxer Su-1 to interface with the Holo's I2S input, while using both the Windows USB output and/or the microRendu USB output. Currently the Singxer will do DSD256 but not 512. The Su-1 has enough flexibility to interface with several I2S handshakes including the Gustard, PS Audio and Holo.

Computer Audiophile - Holo Audio Spring Level 3 Kitsune Tuned Edition R2R DAC Review

I figured it should work. I just wanted some verification from someone that has implemented it.

I heard rumors that Singxer was coming out with a new version that would be able to do 512.

I'd hate to buy the current version, then see a new version come out soon after.

The XMOS hardware in the SU-1 is capable of DSD512 but currently not in the firmware. The developer is getting pressure to do it (not a new model, just firmware) so I would imagine it might be a future thing.

I'm sorry, I'm confused -- didn't you angrily tell me that you WERE getting DSD512 in a thread where I pointed out that XMOS doesn't offer it?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Huh? The Holo DAC uses an XMOS USB and gets DSD512 just fine. However, THIS question is about the Singxer SU-1, which does not do DSD512. It likely can, cuz it is also XMOS-based, but the developer of the SU-1 doesn't support it. Period. People claimed they were getting DSD512 with the SU-1 but upon their further review...they aren't! What is confusing? That more than one unit uses XMOS?

I hope the argument over whtether the HOLO can do DSD512 isn't going to start again....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I am narrowing my decision between one of these 2 devices, and since I want to take advantage of I2s input of my Gustard X20 dac (in order to get quad DSD) , I am thinking of also buying a Singxer SU-1.

Hello Simon, if you only need the I2S output why not giving the http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/lks-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-100-digital-interface-30598/ a try?

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

That's an good option, and cheaper!

What about compatibility with the Gustard X20?

The Singxer has switches to change output depending on the DAC it is being connected to.

Please check the LKS USB-100 thread. There are several owners of the Gustard. I at least have no PCM or DSD channel swaps with my DS DAC. Concerning the absolute polarity I still have to find out more..

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

• 2 weeks later...