IGNORED

Bright detailed DAC / Streamer / server under 3k used?

I have a linn Klimax Ds1 renew now and I am looking for a brighter & faster more detailed device with great soundstaging, timing and imaging. Front row presentation.

Give the Bricasti M1 SE a try

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Best value per dollar I ever spent in this hobby is the following stack:

Custom PC build / W10 / Fedilizer Pro / all fanless / externally powered SSD.

Paul Pang v3 USB on USB battery pack.

LKS USB-100 (Amanero) + LPS / I2S out

Gustard X20

Taken as a whole, a huge upgrade in terms of clarity and resolution. Power conditioning, quality cabling and amping is still required of course, but if you are talking about a forward, luminous, clear presentation with that kind of budget I dare anyone to beat it.

Caveat: the Gustard without the advanced mods is seriously bright.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I have a linn Klimax Ds1 renew now and I am looking for a brighter & faster more detailed device with great soundstaging, timing and imaging. Front row presentation.

Have you considered getting your Klimax updated to Katalyst spec? Rave reviews...

Have you considered getting your Klimax updated to Katalyst spec? Rave reviews...

Too expensive

Although extremely hard to get where I live, i will look at

Benchmark DAC 3 + microrendu

Resonessence Mirus (like the SD card simplicity and the apple remote)

Tweaking the Klimax with Cables, power cords and conditioning (tips welcome)

AIFF - LINN Klimax DS/1 Renew - Grimm TPA XLR - Neumann KH120AW Studio Monitors