IGNORED

Might switch from Linux to Windows 10

Vincent3

Viruses won't attack a computer behind a firewall - they need help from a human.

Except filrewall is obsolete. Firewall is program. Very probably a program have bug. Periodically I read articles about security and very wondered what kind "holes" may be in serious systems even. Even without human.

Here no reasons for panic. But installing of updates is very recommended.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Except filrewall is obsolete. Firewall is program. Very probably a program have bug. Periodically I read articles about security and very wondered what kind "holes" may be in serious systems even. Even without human.

Here no reasons for panic. But installing of updates is very recommended.

"Hardware firewalls" are decent, and less fuss, I find, than the software products. But the security of those depends on not having your username/password broken, and with stuff such as rainbow tables, it's difficult to have a really good password. You can use one of the password apps or extensions, but that relies on (1) your password used to access the app or extension being secure; and (2) the app company database not being hacked.

There will likely be a move to other forms of security, such as biometrics and/or access tokens like Google Authenticator. But these aren't invulnerable either: If your fingerprint is attached to, for example, the authorization to access your bank records, I don't need your fingerprint, I just need to hack the authorization to substitute my fingerprint for yours. And Google Authenticator doesn't actually know or authenticate my identity, so I can either steal the phone, or remotely hack the security record to tell it to accept the code my phone sends it rather than yours.

It will always be an arms race. Interesting stuff.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.