IGNORED

Any Magnepan lover out there?

Magnepan .7 with the optional base and Verastarr audio upgrade kit which includes silver jumper wires and silver fuse replacements. Nuprime St-10 amp and Nuprime 10H Dac/preamp with balance outs by Tara Labs Quantum Reference Mk ll. Speaker cables QED Genesis Silver Spiral.

Great sounding speakers 20170212_133819 (1).jpgalready even better with the upgrades!

Magnepan .7 with the optional base and Verastarr audio upgrade kit which includes silver jumper wires and silver fuse replacements. Nuprime St-10 amp and Nuprime 10H Dac/preamp with balance outs by Tara Labs Quantum Reference Mk ll. Speaker cables QED Genesis Silver Spiral.

Great sounding speakers [ATTACH=CONFIG]33242[/ATTACH]already even better with the upgrades!

Thanks, please link for the optional base and tell us of the Verastarr audio upgrade kit...going to buy 1.7i...

Lots of very very good amps for $3k or less

IMG_1374.JPG

I really like the Sunfire 300, 600 hundred watts at 4 ohms really wake's up the 1.7 to very satisfying music. Can be found on the used market for around $800.00 and re- cap for around 300.00.

IMG_1374.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Magnepan Mini Maggie Desktop Speaker System in my office, and I really love it. They're powered by a Rotel RA-1570.

I want to add a subwoofer, but I am apprehensive, in terms of both integration/balance with the speakers and causing "rumblings" with my office neighbors. I'll take this opportunity for any suggestions.

Given the speed and quality of the Magnepans, does anyone have an opinion whether they would integrate with a Genelec subwoofer?

At Home: 10x12 listening room -> Asus G74Sx laptop -> Windows 10 -> Foobar 2000 (WASAPI output) -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Bel Canto C5i integrated amplifier -> Audioquest Rocket 33 bi-wired speaker cables -> B&W CM9 speakers & B&W ASW10CM subwoofer. At Work: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro -> Windows 10 -> Foobar 2000 (WASAPI output) -> Audioquest Forest USB -> Rotel RA-1570 -> Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables -> Magnepan Mini System.

I've been a very long time planar lover... started many years ago with Duetta Signatures.

Have owned several Maggie models over the years.

I bought a pair of 20.7s shortly after they were released... been absolutely loving them every since.

I've driven them with a few different Amps over the years, currently (And by far the best) they are happily running with CJ Art Monos. .. a perfect match IMHO.

I use the Magnepan Mini Maggie Desktop Speaker System in my office, and I really love it. They're powered by a Rotel RA-1570.

I want to add a subwoofer, but I am apprehensive, in terms of both integration/balance with the speakers and causing "rumblings" with my office neighbors. I'll take this opportunity for any suggestions.

Given the speed and quality of the Magnepans, does anyone have an opinion whether they would integrate with a Genelec subwoofer?

call Wendell and he'll say no but to get their DWM bass panels

some people do it tho

I've been a very long time planar lover... started many years ago with Duetta Signatures.

Have owned several Maggie models over the years.

I bought a pair of 20.7s shortly after they were released... been absolutely loving them every since.

I've driven them with a few different Amps over the years, currently (And by far the best) they are happily running with CJ Art Monos. .. a perfect match IMHO.

Your 20.7's and the CJ Art Mono's should indeed make for magical listening. My congratulations!

JC

That little Maggie desktop system is just shockingly good. I heard it at a dealer last fall and was stopped in my tracks by the sound quality. The dealer mentioned that they had been able to match it up with several subwoofers by other manufacturers. I'm sure you could make that work.

JC

Your 20.7's and the CJ Art Mono's should indeed make for magical listening. My congratulations!

JC

Thanks! it only took 25 years or so for me to:

Actually determine what I liked and stop wasting $ on experiments.

Have enough $$ to spend crazy amounts on this hobby.

I fell in love with Planars probably 30+ years ago. With all of their known limitations/issues etc. I've never heard better reproduced sound. I still recall listening to Quad ESLs way way back when. So many limitations, but oh so sweet.

I have a Mini Maggie + DWM setup for Computer + Desktop Use. In nearfield listening mode, they are really good (with placement bonuses), however, even just a single DWM is not enough to make up for a bass-light presentation. Subs or a dual-DWM setup is the way to go. They love lots of clean high current power, which is made easier in nearfield mode.

When setup right, they are magical, even compared to 1.7s or the like.