IGNORED

Sonore - Product Request Thread

Hi Jesus,

Are you able to give any info or even hints about your next iteration of renderer? Is it a:

• son of microRendu
  • microRendu Mk II
  • nanoRendu
  • miniRendu?

:)

None of the above. There is a lot more the microRendu is capable of doing so we are looking at new features. We are also looking at producing a matching USB to i2s or USB to SPDIF converter.

None of the above. There is a lot more the microRendu is capable of doing so we are looking at new features. We are also looking at producing a matching USB to i2s or USB to SPDIF converter.

The logical follow-up to the microRendu would be new units for SPDIF, AES or Toslink and i2s instead of the USB output. With proper re-clocking. Ethernet in of course.

a matching USB to i2s or USB to SPDIF converter.

As I read this I imagined an attachment to the microRendu like the Chord Poly to their Mojo.

Mojopoly-900x675.jpg

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

The logical follow-up to the microRendu would be new units for SPDIF, AES or Toslink and i2s instead of the USB output. With proper re-clocking. Ethernet in of course.

This would be good! I have to admit being tempted by the new dCS Network Bridge, simply because it can run Ethernet to AES/EBU, and take USB out of the chain completely. Although a Sonore version would likely be a grand or two cheaper. One day maybe......

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

+1 on this...I would love to get rid of my USB converter box just to simplify things. i2s would be ideal for those of us who play DSD256 and above.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

We are also looking at producing a matching USB to i2s or USB to SPDIF converter.

Any thoughts of support for AES/EBU?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Any thoughts of support for AES/EBU?

Sonore has actually done SPDIF, i2s and re-clocking already: SONORE Signature Series Rendu AES/EBU should not be too hard to make, but it might be difficult for the company to 'kill' the expensive Signature Rendu by introducing a microRendu with these outputs. Maybe three (four) versions with one output type per model could be a good solution. The Signature Rendu will not be getting RAAT (according to Jesus himself) so microRendus with these outputs may be a good solution.

Sonore has actually done SPDIF, i2s and re-clocking already: SONORE Signature Series Rendu AES/EBU should not be too hard to make, but it might be difficult for the company to 'kill' the expensive Signature Rendu by introducing a microRendu with these outputs. Maybe three (four) versions with one output type per model could be a good solution. The Signature Rendu will not be getting RAAT (according to Jesus himself) so microRendus with these outputs may be a good solution.

I'd rather see the Signature Rendu updated rather than killed! To be honest, I'm more than happy with my mR / Mutec combo, but the rate at which this area is developing I'm sure there will be something new and tempting before too long.

Would optical ethernet into the microRendu be a prospect ?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Optical input for the sake of doing it makes things more complex for regular people to use. Yes there are some people using optical, but I'm not convinced it's a lot of people.

This would be good! I have to admit being tempted by the new dCS Network Bridge, simply because it can run Ethernet to AES/EBU, and take USB out of the chain completely. Although a Sonore version would likely be a grand or two cheaper. One day maybe......

The truth is that adding these outputs makes the design much more complex than just having USB output.

USB to I2S -- yes please, Jesus. Something that can feed the I2S on a PSA DAC. The Signature Series is too expensive for my budget and looks huge compared to microRendu.

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

That seems like a regression:)

i2s with re-clocking a regression?

SPDIF and AES/EBU may be, but with re-clocking I believe it would sound good (as is the case with the Signature R). In addition many converters are equipped with SPDIF or AES/EBU inputs. I agree these two are dinosaurs, but also mature...

We built the Signature Series Rendu with SPDIF (BNC) and LVDS i2s (HDMI) and sorry to say that product did not sell well.

Was this because LVDS / I2S is not "standardized" enough across DAC vendors?

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

We built the Signature Series Rendu with SPDIF (BNC) and LVDS i2s (HDMI) and sorry to say that product did not sell well.

Jesus, a couple years ago I asked you why there was no USB on the SSR. Your response was 'This product has a different focus and target audience. Also, to some extent I'm trying to prove a point'.

What point were you trying to prove?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Sorry to hear that. I found the Signature Series Rendu very interesting when it was introduced. I even asked Devialet if they had plans for i2s on their amps. The answer was no so I kept looking. Devialet said i2s (for external use on HDMI or RJ45) is not a standard so they would not consider it - says a company that have themselves created the non-standard AIR protocol, which at that time didn't even work! Oh well...

Also, I think the price for a Signature Series Rendu was too high. Not that it was not worth it, it's a very nice product with good technology! I just could not afford it!

Hopefully some of the development effort done on the Signature Series Rendu can be re-used. I'd still say you should think about adding parts of this to the microRendu.

If I think about this seriously, I would be more than happy to buy a product like this for $2k to $3k, but at this price point I would want to try it, compare with the competition etc. So, this would need to be a conventional dealer supplied product. (although even more expensive with dealer mark up.)

Something like the microRendu is different, it is at a price point where I would happily 'take a punt'. If it didn't work out in my system, no big deal, I could sell and not loose much. So maybe there is price limit to what will work commercially in the 'direct supply' market? I'm sure I am not alone with this kind of reasoning. A shame really, because the higher the value of the product, the bigger the cost saving going buying direct from manufacturer.

Jesus, a couple years ago I asked you why there was no USB on the SSR. Your response was 'This product has a different focus and target audience. Also, to some extent I'm trying to prove a point'.

What point were you trying to prove?

Just that we could make a very good SPDIF (BNC) and LVDS i2s (HDMI) device and that not everything needed to be USB. I also want to make something audiophile that didn't need a computer and wasn't a computer per say.

Sorry to hear that. I found the Signature Series Rendu very interesting when it was introduced. I even asked Devialet if they had plans for i2s on their amps. The answer was no so I kept looking. Devialet said i2s (for external use on HDMI or RJ45) is not a standard so they would not consider it - says a company that have themselves created the non-standard AIR protocol, which at that time didn't even work! Oh well...

Also, I think the price for a Signature Series Rendu was too high. Not that it was not worth it, it's a very nice product with good technology! I just could not afford it!

Hopefully some of the development effort done on the Signature Series Rendu can be re-used. I'd still say you should think about adding parts of this to the microRendu.

That is what companies say when they don't want to support something. You could have used the SPDIF output. The power supply we make for the microRendu is a direct descendant from the one in the Signature Series Rendu.

If I think about this seriously, I would be more than happy to buy a product like this for $2k to $3k, but at this price point I would want to try it, compare with the competition etc. So, this would need to be a conventional dealer supplied product. (although even more expensive with dealer mark up.)

Something like the microRendu is different, it is at a price point where I would happily 'take a punt'. If it didn't work out in my system, no big deal, I could sell and not loose much. So maybe there is price limit to what will work commercially in the 'direct supply' market? I'm sure I am not alone with this kind of reasoning. A shame really, because the higher the value of the product, the bigger the cost saving going buying direct from manufacturer.

That is part of the issue as well for sure. Most of the unit were sold here in the US.

That is what companies say when they don't want to support something. You could have used the SPDIF output. The power supply we make for the microRendu is a direct descendant from the one in the Signature Series Rendu.

Yes, the SPDIF is of course an option. Problem is that SPDIF on the Devialet amps is not quite as good as the AES/EBU input. They are using RCA connectors, not BNC, for example. I was afraid I wouldn't get full benefit from the quality of the SSR.