IGNORED

HQPlayer Keeps Dropping Micro Rendu

I have to go into MR web interface and select "Restart HQPlayer," or just reboot the thing. Often MR does not respond to my initial attempts to select restart HQP or reboot. I have to open/close/refresh MR page. Once it accepts restart selection or reboots, I can go into HQP preferences and select the Audiophellio and resume playback.

This happens using HQP as stand alone or with Roon. Used to think it only occurred with larger DSD files, but it seems to occur with smaller files and tidal music as well.

Roon drops MR periodically as well, but a lot easier to recapture.

System: 2014 Mac Mini (SSD, 8GB, with Roon, Roon Server, HQP), Synology 415+, cheap ethernet switch all of which is in storage room, cat 5 ethernet cable (I think) in the wall, Cat 6 + 7 for all shorter connections, cheap switch on rack to MR, Audiophellio SPDIF

Hunches: This MR is malfunctioning, switches suck, CAT 5 in wall sucks, need mo ram, settings on Synology may need to be tweaked to prevent sleeping, or something weird is happening between Audiophellio and MR to cause MR to lock up temporarily

Will you folks please give me some ideas? Thanks.

uPnP = MPD

I was having the same problem. Basicly, the uR was stopping to work in all 3 modes. At first Sonore have blamed it on the HQ Player and asked me to contact Jussi for help. Then they asked me to upgrade the software, change my USB and Ethernet cables to generic etc. - but nothing worked.

I have finally got another uR, which allow me to confirm that the first one is faulty. I have sent the malfunctioning unit for refund.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Fixed problem: shoddy ethernet patch cord/cable was to blame. It was located in our security system panel that also houses broadband cable and some ethernet junctions. I need a screw driver to access this panel, so I don't usually go in there.

Micro Rendu has been working perfectly after all.

And, Sonore folks were prompt with requests for help yesterday, and patient while helping to problem solve this. So, thanks.