IGNORED

WIFI Question

This may not be the place to ask a WIFI question, but I have received so much help from the participants here that I will ask anyway.

I have 2 Samsung Smart TVs one is in the Family Room, one is in the bedroom. When I watch Amazon Prime in the bedroom, I have no problems. When I watch Amazon Prime in the Family Room, my reception looks like it is buffering.

I would just think I was having a WiFi issue, but when I watch Netflix both the bedroom TV and the family room TV do not have a issue.

So I only have a problem with Amazon in one room.

Any suggestions?

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

This may not be the place to ask a WIFI question, but I have received so much help from the participants here that I will ask anyway.

I have 2 Samsung Smart TVs one is in the Family Room, one is in the bedroom. When I watch Amazon Prime in the bedroom, I have no problems. When I watch Amazon Prime in the Family Room, my reception looks like it is buffering.

I would just think I was having a WiFi issue, but when I watch Netflix both the bedroom TV and the family room TV do not have a issue.

Any suggestions?

Is the WiFi access point and the TVs all on the same level of the house? How far are each TV from the WAP? Have you updated software on both TVs?

Any suggestions?

You could try a pair of AC ethernet adapters. They plug into the wall outlets and might give you a more solid connection. I use one in my daughter's room for her Apple TV and it gives her very smooth playback. Either that or a plug-in wifi extender.

Any suggestions?

Start with troubleshooting 101: swap the TV's and see if the problem follows the set or the location. That will let you know if its the TV

or a wifi signal difference

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

My experience with streaming Amazon content on smart devices is not very good. I don't have any newish devices but when I try to watch Amazon it always seems I get buffering or poor video quality because Amazon detects I have a low bandwidth connection. This happens even with devices attached directly to my router. I know my network and wifi is fine because I can stream 1080p movies from my NAS without any problems. My point is the issue may be with Amazon or perhaps your hardware firmware.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thanks to all for the good advice.

1. I am in the process of confirming software upgrade with Samsung.

2. The TVs are too big to move. (I know, first world problem)

3. I have WiFi extenders throughout the house, but it is a large (4500sf) tri-level house with interior reinforced concrete block walls.

@tbooe. May well be correct that Amazon may be the issue. I think Samsung will update the app when they do a remote service.

Thanks.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law