IGNORED

Music File Download Corrupts Music Player

I got a FiiO X1 (Gen 2) and a FiiO A3 headphone amp for Christmas. It has totally rejuvenated my music listening as I was slowly succumbing to MP3 files. Anyway, I've downloaded some albums from HDTracks (96/24, FLAC format), and until yesterday I've never had a problem. Yesterday I bought Joe Henderson's "Mode For Joe" and after playing a song or two the player starts spewing out this squawking noise and locks up. I can restart the player just fine, and can play other albums without a problem. Has anyone else experienced this situation? Is there a way to verify the download is correct?

Thanks,

James

I got a FiiO X1 (Gen 2) and a FiiO A3 headphone amp for Christmas. It has totally rejuvenated my music listening as I was slowly succumbing to MP3 files. Anyway, I've downloaded some albums from HDTracks (96/24, FLAC format), and until yesterday I've never had a problem. Yesterday I bought Joe Henderson's "Mode For Joe" and after playing a song or two the player starts spewing out this squawking noise and locks up. I can restart the player just fine, and can play other albums without a problem. Has anyone else experienced this situation? Is there a way to verify the download is correct?

Thanks,

James

Hi, jjborder.

I think most probably the files are corrupted.

Just try to open the HDTracks Downloader and seek for the album and if it is avalaible for downloading yet.

If not, notify the problem to HDTracks administradors. I'm quite sure they will allow you to download the album again with no extra cost.

I've had the same problem with HDTracks two or three times in the past, and the solution was very easy and fast.

Good luck.

VenturaRV

Thanks,

James

Can you check to see if the files play OK on your computer? If they do not play correctly, then this would support that you have bad files.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Can you check to see if the files play OK on your computer? If they do not play correctly, then this would support that you have bad files.

So all 6 tracks play fine on my computer. On the FiiO the corruption occurs between tracks 1&2 and tracks 4&5. I'm going to delete the album from the player and reload it again. Then I guess I'll try loading one track at a time to see if I can determine which one is the offender. I'll also contact HDTracks for another download.

James

So all 6 tracks play fine on my computer. On the FiiO the corruption occurs between tracks 1&2 and tracks 4&5. I'm going to delete the album from the player and reload it again. Then I guess I'll try loading one track at a time to see if I can determine which one is the offender. I'll also contact HDTracks for another download.

James

Since all tracks play correctly on your computer, this suggests that something is going wrong either when you transfer the files to your FiiO or when the FiiO tries to play them (but I have no idea what or why). The original downloaded files should be OK, the downloader usually takes care of this as you will get an error if the files are corrupted or not completely downloaded.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

If they play correctly on your computer, the files are fine. Try decoding them to WAV and load those onto the player. If this fixes the problem, there is some obscure bug in the FLAC decoder on the FiiO, perhaps related to metadata handling, and you should contact the manufacturer.

If they play correctly on your computer, the files are fine. Try decoding them to WAV and load those onto the player. If this fixes the problem, there is some obscure bug in the FLAC decoder on the FiiO, perhaps related to metadata handling, and you should contact the manufacturer.

That's a good approach. I'll give that a try. HDTracks did allow me to download the album again, but the result is the same. Thanks to everyone for your help.