IGNORED

JRiver MC installation on Windows 2016 Server Core?

LJambor

How can I install JRiver MC on Windows 2016 Server (Datacenter) CORE Mode? This WS version can not switch between GUI and CORE mode, so the applications must install in CORE.

I tried install JRiver but the process aborted and raised an error message: iexplorer not found.

Is there any way to solve the problem?

How can I install JRiver MC on Windows 2016 Server (Datacenter) CORE Mode? This WS version can not switch between GUI and CORE mode, so the applications must install in CORE. I tried install JRiver but the process aborted and raised an error message: iexplorer not found.Is there any way to solve the problem?

Coincidence : I asked the same question today in Highend-AudioPC forum thread.

Jriver needs a working browser and working install window for installation and those are not there in core mode.

Maybe there is an answer if you have 2 partitions on your HD or SSD like I have : one with W10 and one with W2012R2-core. I did a test today : Under W10 I installed MC20 in "roaming" mode. As I can write from W10 on the W2012R2 partition (Disk D), I installed MC20 on that partition (disk D) and let MC20 do an update via the web. Now under W2012R2-core I could start this MC20 (as admin) and use it in the normal way. Maybe something that would work for me under W2016? I will see.

It should also work if you would install Jriver in roaming mode on a USB stick under W10 and then use the stick under W2016. I did not try that.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.