IGNORED

microRendu, NUC, JRiver and Roon

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Excuse me for being dense, but I don't get the joke.  Is it that the obvious droids are wearing stupid disguises?  What has that got to do with my question?

Never seen Star Wars?  It's not that they are disguised.  It's the mind trick.

There's no problem here, why would you think there's a problem, everything works as it should.  Move along...

Get it now?

Just now, Johnseye said:

Get it now?

LOL, OK yeah I get it now.  I haven't seen Star Wars since it was first released, so I'd forgotten that scene.  I almost never watch movies or read books a second time.  Totally different with music.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Didn't Sonore previously claim that the wide fluctuation in ping times on an idle micro rendu was a non-issue?  If so, why are they fixing it?

Could very well be both; i.e., it's not a problem (and it isn't, as it has no effect whatsoever on streaming music across the network) and it is fixed in the next release (either as a side effect of updates to the OS or just a quick fix in the new build).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

3 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Could very well be both; i.e., it's not a problem (and it isn't, as it has no effect whatsoever on streaming music across the network) and it is fixed in the next release (either as a side effect of updates to the OS or just a quick fix in the new build).

Yup.  It's an unusual behavior because the very high latency only occurs when music isn't streaming to it.  When music is streaming there's still a few ms latency but much more in line with expectations.

Does it have an effect on streaming music?  How can you know?  One could say you don't hear anything wrong so there's no effect.  In and of itself high latency in data transfer is an indicator of something being wrong.  If you don't hear an issue does it mean there isn't one?  If it sounds ok does it matter?

Regardless, they are addressing it.  From what I've seen so far it's not 100% resolved, but it's better.  As long as the mRendu sounds better than my other endpoint options I'll use it.  That's my bottom line, latency or not.

I also have an sMS-200.  No latency issues.  <1 ms consistently like all my other network devices.  I'm waiting for this update before I pass any judgement on which sounds better.  I also have the option of an I2S endpoint.  The only issue with that one, other than it being very expensive, is that it doesn't allow for NAA with HQ Player and my other two options do.  Which is why I was wondering how others are connecting with HQ Player and an endpoint.