IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

Help! Have a classic setup with mrendu.

When I start an album, nothing happens. Marker stays at 0 sec.

Try rebooting, check all that I know.... I know it is just a simple thing somewhere....

Hope someone can light the light in my brain....

HQP doesn't bounce when I play a track.

Thanks guys

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

See here - acknowledged bug. They'll fix it in tomorrows build it sounds like.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-3-and-hqplayer-no-sound-after-update-fix-pending-for-b194/19324/14

Help! Have a classic setup with mrendu.

When I start an album, nothing happens. Marker stays at 0 sec.

Try rebooting, check all that I know.... I know it is just a simple thing somewhere....

Hope someone can light the light in my brain....

HQP doesn't bounce when I play a track.

Thanks guys

I also had the same problem, I ended up removing the HQP as a device and when I re-added it back, instead of accepting 'localhost' as the address I use a hard 127.0.0.1 it's worth a try. Let us know how that plays out.

Main 2 channel - Synology NAS,  Roon,  Allo USBridge + Uptone LPS-1,  Schiit Gungnir Gen 5 USB, Schiit Freya, Carver TFM-15 4 channels, Vandersteen 3A Signatures

Headphone - Schiit Mjolnir 2, Reflektor HG 6922 tubes, Audeze LCD2, HiFiman HE-500, Sennheiser HD650, etc.

on the test bench - Ropieee, Pi touchscreen, Teradak DC30 power supply...

Okay, got the update.

Installed no issues. Good for them.

Don't really understand what to do (or if anything) with the EQ, but have tried upsampling to DSD over RAAT to my mR.

Initial impression: Roon>HQP DSD upsampling>mR sounds better than doing the DSD upsampling directly through Roon (no HQP). Just seems to have an additional level of clarity using HQP.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My update went fine, took awhile as it had to re-scan everything - I'm assuming that's by design.

I know GUI design can be pretty volatile and opinionated, but one thing that I'm still not crazy about is the massive browsing real-estate needed for certain things. I know its part of the roon experience, I get it, but I wish there was the ability or another "View" in addition to "Overview, Discover" etc.. that one could maybe customize.

Meaning if I view by artist I get two rows of four large icons. So in order to scroll/browse through your artists it could take a very long time depending on the size of ones library (inefficient imo).

Now maybe there are better ways to accomplish this as I'm still learning this app.

My rig

My update went fine, took awhile as it had to re-scan everything - I'm assuming that's by design.

I know GUI design can be pretty volatile and opinionated, but one thing that I'm still not crazy about is the massive browsing real-estate needed for certain things. I know its part of the roon experience, I get it, but I wish there was the ability or another "View" in addition to "Overview, Discover" etc.. that one could maybe customize.

Meaning if I view by artist I get two rows of four large icons. So in order to scroll/browse through your artists it could take a very long time depending on the size of ones library (inefficient imo).

Now maybe there are better ways to accomplish this as I'm still learning this app.

That just means your computer isn't up to the task. I can search and it's instant. Everything is crazy quick with my computer.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

That just means your computer isn't up to the task. I can search and it's instant. Everything is crazy quick with my computer.

No, I guess my description wasn't clear. Has nothing to do with the computer speed at all - I'm running controller on laptop and has no lag browsing/searching etc..

Its the real-estate. I get "eight artists" (two rows of four) across the top due to the huge icon size. Change the size of the icon (smaller or make it sizeable) or even have it list just the name and you would have a significant amount of artists listed/available to view per "scroll/screen".

Listing by Tracks isn't the same or what I'm referring to either.

My rig

No, I guess my description wasn't clear. Has nothing to do with the computer speed at all - I'm running controller on laptop and has no lag browsing/searching etc..

Its the real-estate. I get "eight artists" (two rows of four) across the top due to the huge icon size. Change the size of the icon (smaller or make it sizeable) or even have it list just the name and you would have a significant amount of artists listed/available to view per "scroll/screen".

Listing by Tracks isn't the same or what I'm referring to either.

How about you post a screen shot?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Have noticed that CPU usage on my server is much less with 1.3. That's a good thing.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My Xeon CPU is maxed out, as are the drives, while Roon 1.3 re-analyzes all the files.

Is that with Background Audio Analysis Speed and on Demand Audio Analysis Speed set to "Throttled"? ( Under Settings -> Library )

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

You need to make a change in your settings.

Settings -> General

Select Allow for more covers and photos and choose "Yes"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33019[/ATTACH]

Hmm that may do the trick! Your first image is what mine looks like and I never enabled the setting you referred to. My fault for not researching that a bit more. I'll try that setting later. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

My rig

I don't find the EQ to be sonically invisible. I hear very obvious distortion and static sounds with vocals and other instruments. i was only trying to pull down a bass node in my room but i heard obvious distortion across the frequency bands beyond the 42hz range I was affecting.

I turned EQ off.

MacMini (JS-2) > iUSB > Regen > MDAC > Decware Mystery > Ellis 1801

I set Roon to use all 8 cores. I want it to finish what it's doing as soon as possible.

I guess that depends whether Roon is programmed to use that many cores (edit: efficiently). If not, you could actually be slowing things down.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Chris, do you know a way to be able to see any .pdf's that were imported with albums with Roon now?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Hmm that may do the trick! Your first image is what mine looks like and I never enabled the setting you referred to. My fault for not researching that a bit more. I'll try that setting later. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

With the setting to allow more covers enabled, it only added two more "thumbnails". So I still have only two rows with five thumbnails as opposed to four each row :(

I suspect this is due to the screen size (13.3") and maybe more so resolution (1920x1080). Its still way to large for the browsing part. Once you find an artist and select it, then its fine to go "big", IMO

roon lg.jpg

My rig