IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

I got an error every time i choose Device Setup in Audio Tab

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

DSP/PEQ > works f.ck.ng brilliant!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Unfortunately It had to re-scan my music folder and every album is now tagged as New. The problem with this is, I was only adding MQA stuff so I new what albums were MQA vs. everything else I've had in Roon. That was going to be an easy way for me to find MQA albums. I was just using Tidal through Jriver at the time but I was waiting for today's update to test it all out.

Early results without testing or changing anything yet, my Bel Canto 3.7 DAC (non-MQA DAC) shows input as 48, so it is getting Tidal's MQA version, BTW it's Iron Maiden Killer's, first album I could find that I knew was MQA encoded.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Unfortunately It had to re-scan my music folder and every album is now tagged as New. The problem with this is, I was only adding MQA stuff so I new what albums were MQA vs. everything else I've had in Roon. That was going to be an easy way for me to find MQA albums. I was just using Tidal through Jriver at the time but I was waiting for today's update to test it all out.

Early results without testing or changing anything yet, my Bel Canto 3.7 DAC (non-MQA DAC) shows input as 48, so it is getting Tidal's MQA version, BTW it's Iron Maiden Killer's, first album I could find that I knew was MQA encoded.

All the MQA albums I add, I tag as MQA.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

All the MQA albums I add, I tag as MQA.

I was hoping they would do it. Not a hard fix, I'll just use the Tidal account to find them and tag them like you did.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Device setup problem solved in build 193 :), that was fast!!!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

A great new feature when looking under album and then tracks, is that shows how many versions you have in your library of that song and what's available on Tidal. Before it seemed to only work occasionally. I suck at showing screen shots, maybe someone can chime in.

Yes - that lack of MQA decoding for me was a real bummer - wanted it badly.

Ahhh - well - maybe next release. Did a post on their forum that they had should make it a LOT clearer when that is coming with a sticky on their support forums.

Still a nice release anyway.

Thanks

Bill

That's disappointing, but thanks for the response and updates Chris (invaluable service to the community). For the moment, I shall remain on the fence....

Up-sampling is working and there.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

The EQ works very well and I have only scratched the surface.

Where is this EQ in Roon 1.3? I've looked everywhere but nothing...

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

Where is this EQ in Roon 1.3? I've looked everywhere but nothing...

Under Settings, Audio, if it's your DAC (what ever your output is) choose the gear wheel symbol. That'll take you to further settings, like DSP engine.