IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

Not knowing about the 1.3 upgrade, I loaded a trial version of Roon just after 1.3 was released. The impetus for doing so was that I realized that unlike JRemote, I could use a Windows tablet as a remote. I no longer have to switch between an old iPad and a Surface Pro 3 to play music, compose emails and surf the web – yippee!! iPad's are a PITA to compose emails on and my long-in-the-tooth iPad 2 is struggling in the surfing department.

Not believing that I would necessarily like the Roon experience especially given its cost, I’ve found otherwise!! So far, compared to JRiver which I have used for years and Apple related music server software, I’ve found the Roon experience to be a wonderful one! It’s as good as if not better than the fact that with a very slight learning curve, Roon just works and it easily does so with all my devices. In fact, I like Roon so much, as soon as I decided that I was going to purchase it, I ordered a new 2017 15.6-inch Spectre x360 convertible notebook primarily for use in the audio room!

BTW, Chris, if you see this, I found your YouTube presentation of Roon to be well done and very helpful….Thanks!!

-Mike