IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

i used the release of the new version to try roon out for the first time. everything works very well except that my watched folder does not update automatically. force rescan works, but it's as though the folder isn't really being, well, watched. roon core is running on a sonictransporter i5, which is mounting a nas share via smb. does watching a folder require the folder to be stored locally or something? what am i missing? thanks!

How long are you waiting?

I have Roon server on a Linux computer with my files stored on a NAS unit (so similar to your setup) and new albums do automatically show up in the Roon library but there is a delay.

So if I add something new and want to listen to it right away, I need to do the force scan. If I wait a while, say the next day, it is shows up without a force scan.

• 3 weeks later...
I am about to try Roon for the first time.

Is It true that It can take days to index all of my music? JRiver tells me I have 95822 files (or about 5TB worth of music). What should I expect?

Thanks!

There is a setting that controls this. If you leave it at the default setting (throttled) then it can take a long time.

You can change the setting at Settings > Library > Background Audio Analysis Speed

My computer has 4 cores which what my setting is. It still takes time but probably hours and not days.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile