IGNORED

Which driver to use in foobar2000 for DAC

su-1.png

In foobar2000 Preferences -> Output is a dropwown that gives myriad choices. For any given DAC there are:

DS: Speakers (name of DAC)

DSD: WASAPI(push):Speakers (name of DAC)

DSD: WASAPI(event):Speakers (name of DAC)

WASAPI(event):Speakers (name of DAC)

WASAPI(push):Speakers (name of DAC)

Which of these drivers is best to use and does anyone have a link explaining the differences in English?

So for example, I installed the drivers for the Spring HoloDAC and the Yggy and the dropdown menu is what I see. In addition to drivers for the named DAC there are also a few generic entries related to the native audio (high definition audio device speakers, high definition audio device headphones) - these are prob for DirectSound output. Finally there are entries :

ASIO: ASIO for USB device

ASIO: HoloAudio ASIO Driver

DSD: ASIO: ASIO for USB device

DSD: ASIO: HoloAudio ASIO Driver

I would guess these entries are the ASIO versions of the WASAPI drivers above, just not enumerated into 'push' and 'event' - whatever that difference means.

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32962[/ATTACH]

In foobar2000 Preferences -> Output is a dropwown that gives myriad choices. For any given DAC there are:

DS: Speakers (name of DAC)

DSD: WASAPI(push):Speakers (name of DAC)

DSD: WASAPI(event):Speakers (name of DAC)

WASAPI(event):Speakers (name of DAC)

WASAPI(push):Speakers (name of DAC)

Which of these drivers is best to use and does anyone have a link explaining the differences in English?

So for example, I installed the drivers for the Spring HoloDAC and the Yggy and the dropdown menu is what I see. In addition to drivers for the named DAC there are also a few generic entries related to the native audio (high definition audio device speakers, high definition audio device headphones) - these are prob for DirectSound output. Finally there are entries :

ASIO: ASIO for USB device

ASIO: HoloAudio ASIO Driver

DSD: ASIO: ASIO for USB device

DSD: ASIO: HoloAudio ASIO Driver

I would guess these entries are the ASIO versions of the WASAPI drivers above, just not enumerated into 'push' and 'event' - whatever that difference means.

for the yggy, you should use the wasapi (event): speakers (2-schiit audio gen 3usb) entry, although the asio: asio for usb device will work, too.

the entries for dsd that you see are "duplicates" because you have installed the foo_input_sacd component. i believe for the holodac, you should use the dsd: asio: holoaudio asio driver -- will allow you to play dsd and pcm files. if you just choose the asio: holoaudio asio driver, i don't think dsd will work.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100