IGNORED

Is a network-bridge possible in W2012R2 Core mode?

Peter_T

As has been described in another thread : Making a network-bridge to directly couple my SOTM200 to my NUC-PC gives a much better SQ then using a simple switch.

Under W2012R2 I got a really better SQ by using your optimizing script (V2.10 & V2.20 beta2a) in GUI mode. Even better in minimal-server-mode, but NOT in core mode.

In core-mode (with or without optimizing script) the network-bridge is no longer working : either the NAS is not seen (ping) in my network or my SOTM200 is not seen.

Without a bridge (NUC & SOTM both connected to a switch and then to my router I have no problems in core-mode).

Maybe you could find a solution for this problem? Is a network-bridge even possible in core-mode? Is it possible to make the bridge in core-mode using command-line commands or check on the network bridge?

I would really like to try this because I would expect an even better SQ in optimized core-mode like I got in my previous setup with Jplay in a dual control PC - audio PC.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

I repeated the above procedure with AO V2.20 beta3.

When in Core mode the SOTM and the NAS server were unreachable from the NUC-PC.

Going back to GUI : the bridge was still there, but the SOTM remained unreachable. I had to "rebuild" the bridge in order to get things working again.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

Hi

i did not find any article yet on how to do this. I also don't know if a bridge is possible in Core at all. My personal opinion is that it is not possible.

but it will be pretty easy to test if it's doable at all, will report back later on.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide