IGNORED

Qobuz integration?

Hi all!

I have my windows 2012r2 running in core mode and J.River. Now I would like to integrate the Qobuz sublime streaming option.

At the moment I use the iOS Qobuz app and stream to a Google Chromecast Audio, which is connected via optical to my DAC.

It is not mandatory for me, that Qobuz runs in the J.River chain, but would be nice.

Most important for me is: I would like to play with a network device, which is not always connected to my iPad, but can play independently. SQ would be below my J.River server, but that where okay for me.

Any recommendations?

P.S.: Maybe a Raspberry with KODI?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Bubbleupnp on Android takes care of the Qobuz integration in the network. With Bubbleupnp you can search and play Qobuz tracks. The music data is directed to your player (bypassing the phone). Don't know if there is an app like it for iOS.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

I have my windows 2012r2 running in core mode and J.River. Now I would like to integrate the Qobuz sublime streaming option.

At the moment I use the iOS Qobuz app and stream to a Google Chromecast Audio, which is connected via optical to my DAC.

It is not mandatory for me, that Qobuz runs in the J.River chain, but would be nice.

Most important for me is: I would like to play with a network device, which is not always connected to my iPad, but can play independently.

By the same developer of the BubbleUPnP Android app, the BubbleUPnP Server helper application (requires the Java Runtime Environment & is installable on Windows, Mac, Linux computers & some NASs) can be used to provide OpenHome emulation for standard UPnP/DLNA renderers, so including the UPnP/DLNA renderer built into JRiver Media Center:

BubbleUPnP Server - Creating OpenHome renderers

media_renderers.jpg

This would allow you to control JRiver's player engine via an OpenHome controller app (eg for the iPad - the Linn Kazoo or Lumin apps) and therefore give you access to Qobuz, as it's natively supported by OpenHome Streaming Services.

Incidentally, with OpenHome the current playlist is owned by the OpenHome renderer, so if the controller app is disconnected the renderer will continue playing the entire playlist.

Most important for me is: I would like to play with a network device, which is not always connected to my iPad, but can play independently. SQ would be below my J.River server, but that where okay for me.

Any recommendations?

P.S.: Maybe a Raspberry with KODI?

If it's to be a Raspberry Pi streamer, OpenHome.org's own Openhome Player, with native Qobuz support, is arguably a leaner & simpler audio dedicated option compared to 'all singing, all dancing' KODI:

OpenHome Player for Raspberry Pi

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

If it's to be a Raspberry Pi streamer, OpenHome.org's own Openhome Player, with native Qobuz support, is arguably a leaner & simpler audio dedicated option compared to 'all singing, all dancing' KODI:

OpenHome Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Cebolla,

thank you for your response.

Of course it does not have to be a Raspberry nor KODI.

Let me summarize:

I install openhome (preferably as a server with no gui for my field of use). Then I can remote control this server by my iPad. The server is directly connected to Qobuz. And finally the server will send the music via UPnP/DLNA to J.River (where of course I have to enable it).

Please correct me, when I am wrong: I could install it on my already existing Ubuntu server located in the basement.

And - what app would I use?

Bernhard

Dear Cebolla,

you are the greatest!

Activated DLNA renderer in J.River (Srv2012r2 + AO)

Installed openjdk-7-jre-headless and bubbleupnpserver on my Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS server.

Configured BubbleUPnP (really easy).

Installed the Kazoo app on my iPad and logged in to Qobuz.

Pressed PLAY and it played. Everything in DSD upsampling.

Maximum 20 min work.

I am really happy now :)

And now please tell my, why I bought the Chromecast? ;)

Have a great evening,

Bernhard

P.S.:

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#ubuntu_install

No worries, Bernhard - glad I could help!

Incidentally, to answer your OpenHome Player query (for competeness, as I'm sure it's now moot given the JRiver solution :)), there is an Ubuntu version (as well as for Raspbian Jessie, Windows & OS X), so you could have used it on your Ubuntu box instead of on a Pi. The app to use would be Linn Kazoo, or any other OpenHome controller.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox