IGNORED

MQA vs Auralic

Get a Blue Sound Node instead, has Tidal and decodes MQA too

But the Bluesound tops out at 192-24, so no DSD and no true MQA which is 384-24 .

if it did these things, i would sell my Auralic Altair and switch to Bluenode. For now, I'll just enjoy my DSD 256 and eat my popcorn while this BS plays itself out (I had Betamax AND HD DVD, so I am a repeat 'once bitten, twice shy'...

But the Bluesound tops out at 192-24, so no DSD and no true MQA which is 384-24 .

if it did these things, i would sell my Auralic Altair and switch to Bluenode. For now, I'll just enjoy my DSD 256 and eat my popcorn while this BS plays itself out (I had Betamax AND HD DVD, so I am a repeat 'once bitten, twice shy'...

I don't think the file formats you listed are correct, double check their website.

I don't think the file formats you listed are correct, double check their website.

Thank you I just did. File format supported is up to 192-24.

early adopter labels like 2L offer tria MQA files for download in 24-384.

i have also attended a Meridian MQA demo at full MQA file Rez.

The blue node node cannot play those files unless it downrezzes, which is essentially the same as what you will get from Tidal Master files 24-96 or 24-88.

With that limitation and with the fact that it does not do DSd at all, how is the Bluenode the better box again ?

Thank you I just did. File format supported is up to 192-24.

early adopter labels like 2L offer tria MQA files for download in 24-384.

i have also attended a Meridian MQA demo at full MQA file Rez.

The blue node node cannot play those files unless it downrezzes, which is essentially the same as what you will get from Tidal Master files 24-96 or 24-88.

With that limitation and with the fact that it does not do DSd at all, how is the Bluenode the better box again ?

OK, I guess it wouldn't be better for you. Just wanted to put it out there because of the potential. I didn't realize they don't unfold the MQA all the way, thanks

Sorry for the misundertanding I was mentioning MQA, not the Bluesound Node which seems indeed a very flexible solution.

OK, I like MQA and the fact that I got 30,000 tracks without a bump in my tidal subscription fee. I notice an improvement in SQ. I didn't "need" a new DAC but since I decided to migrate away from USB I thought, might as well

MQA decoding gives you only 96 kHz (with a 48 kHz input). The rest is more or less fake.

I'd call it "DAC-tailored upsampling". Still fake and in all likelihood not as good as say upsampling the 88 or 96 out of the software decoder to DSD128 or higher.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I'd call it "DAC-tailored upsampling". Still fake and in all likelihood not as good as say upsampling the 88 or 96 out of the software decoder to DSD128 or higher.

It upsamples using a filter with extreme aliasing. Sure, you get lots of high-frequency content, but it's all images of the base band.