IGNORED

Butch Trucks - Allman Brothers Band

udis

Sad news. They are one of my early years favorite bands.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

Damn...just damn. This is sad. The group was/is arguably one of the most influential blues/rock bands to this day. If you enjoy rock music and have never heard it - take a listen to the Live at the Fillmore (East) album. The group has had more than it's share of tragedy. Founding member Duane Allman (who by any and all accounts was a slide guitar virtuoso) died at age 24 in a motor cycle accident in Macon GA. Nearly to the day a year later bassist Berry Oakley died within a mile of Duane's accident. (Again on a motor cycle) Lead guitar player Dicky Betts and Gregg Allman have had a falling out over the years and haven't spoken in years. Saw them play in Piedmont Park in Atlanta back in the day before they hit the big time. Subsequently attended a few other of their concerts across the country when our paths crossed. Met Gregg 40 years ago in a bar. He was in town to visit a doctor at MCG. Sat in and played in a bar named The Whipping Post. (named for the song they wrote) I am very sorry to hear this news. Butch Trucks and Jaimoe Johanson were a dual drum/percussion tandem that to this day IMO has no equal. My prayers are lifted up for Butch Trucks wife and family.