IGNORED

Article: Dynaudio Focus 600 XD Loudspeaker Review

apple2k, Archimago, MikeJazz, firedog, thanks for your kind words. Took way longer than I thought!

@esldude – good to hear from you Dennis. Someday… :)

@dallasjustice – Michael, thanks. Yah, I could have turned down the speaker position DSP by one or two positions which should smooth the decay on the step response a bit more. More FIR filter taps on the low end would also make it smoother, but at the expense of more filter delay. So it is a design tradeoff. I must say I got used to watching Netflix through the 600 xD’s without any lipsync issues.

@witchdoctor – no worries, the industry guidelines won’t appear in future reviews. However, I did need to establish an approach and baseline reference.

@wisnon - thanks for the suggestion, I will look at those more closely.

Looking forward to the reviewing the Kii Threes!

@NOMBEDES - thank you. Re: turntable. It depends on the turntable output. If just cartridge output, a preamp is required, then line level output into the analog input of the 600 xD. If preamp already built in and outputs line level, then directly into analog input of the 600 xD. If USB, then into a computer, typically to record. Suggest converting analog to digital first, like in this article I wrote: Computer Audiophile - Guide to Converting Analog Vinyl To Digital Files Using Windows

@ednaz - thank you for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it.

@avantgardiac - thank you, I really appreciate that. Those Zero 1 Pro's look cool. Love the waveguides.

• 1 year later...

Hi @lgoler the 3 stars is the article rating... I did like the 600's. I have not heard them with the firmware upgrade which should attenuate the high frequencies a bit more toward's a neutral response. They were a bit bright for my preference. No, CA was slated for a pair of Kii's for review, but did not happen.