IGNORED

MQA Software / Hardware Decode Etc... Questions

Thanks for all that info. But did you miss the thrust of my point? If industry leading mastering engineers tell us that its ok for redbook to be played back on an analog desk, remastered, and then resampled at a higher rate, who are we to tell them its fake? I think Bob Ludwig's words were along the line of "the higher sample rate accurately captures the decisions made at the [re]mastering stage".

BL's POV would be fine IF we are informed about what we're buying when we buy "hi-res". I, for one, wouldn't want to pay a hi-res premium for such a release. When we aren't informed, we clearly are being purposely mislead for profit reasons.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

TO: SamuelTCogley/wklie/miguelito/ajax and of course CHRIS and anyone else who tried to help me out with new ME2 not playing sound from A2+ ver 2.6.6. The problem was A2+ I fiddled and fiddled and found had to change the 'converter' from iZotrope 64 bit SRC to APPLE CoreAudio go figure I always had the former before the ME2. Thanks for all your suggestions especially ajax and SamuelT. I guess if an 'ole country doc fiddles around enough he can be Shakespeare/Beethoven

BTW A2+ takes songs in TIDAL that are 'Masters' or my highres from 24/96 24/44 or 24/88 to 24/96 or even to 24/192 on the ME2 side sounds almost as good as MQA to my ears and ROON sounds equally as good even without MQA ability.

thanks again to all

bobbmd

I notified Damien about this by email and also Meridian tech support in the USA

So if unfolding is supposed to maintain a stream a renderer can still render, why does tidal being sent to the explorer2 with unfolding in software not display the MQA light? Could the explorer 2 be a decoder that can't do rendering?

From what others have reported, it seems that the Explorer2 doesn't detect the decoded stream although it does perform all the steps when presented undecoded MQA.