IGNORED

Genelec user experience

Hi, I'm considering going with a Genelec system to replace my Gallo speakers and mono amps. I was wondering if anyone has intimate knowledge of the various parts of the Genelec line.

The "home" speakers, or the G-line vs the studio monitors. I am comparing the G5 to the 8350. There is basically no price difference, but the 8350 gives you a digital input with Autocal room correction capability vs only analog inputs for the G5. Is there any reason to consider the G-series vs the studio series which is more capable and priced essentially the same? What am I missing? I don't see any reason to go with home line vs the studio line.

Also, does anyone have any comment about the relative sound qualities of the various sizes. For the two way models from 5", 6.5" and 8" drivers, other than the expected improvement in impact and bass extension, can anyone comment on if the midrange and treble qualities are superior for some models over the others? Or are the mid and upper portions of the frequency range fairly consistent across these models?

I loved you Gallo speakers - fabulous sweet and extended tweeter!!

You need to get serious performance from the Genelecs, in order to match and improve on the Gallo's.

What is your motivation for change?

In case you consider alternatives, and if you can audition Kii Three, it would be interesting to get a comparison Kii vs Genelec since they share some of the same principles...