IGNORED

Genelec user experience

Funny, I just replaced my gallos for the same reason. I kept seeing my daughter being crushed by them. It was a bit sad as they had never sounded better as I had just ripped my CDs and purchased an Yggy and a microrendu. I replaced them with Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S, which I love.

How do you like the Spatial Audios compared to the Gallos you had? Just looking at them, how are they more childproof than the Gallos? It looks like they could still be pulled forward fairly easily, did you tether them to the wall?

In terms of stability, there is really no comparison. No kid is going to pull over the M3s. Keeping her hands out of the backside of the baflle might be an issue but we haven't gotten there yet. I liked the Gallos very much but I am very happy with the M3s. The only thing that I miss about the Gallos is that the sweet spot was quite a bit bigger. The bass is very powerful and tight on the M3s and the midrange has excellent tone. The highs were probably better on the Gallos but the trade-off seems worth it. I like the fact that 12 years later (or whatever it is) that you can still buy an excellent speaker for under $3000.

I think the grills would actually make them easier for a kid to pull over. I'm sure you could build some sort of outrigger or put them on the mapleshade stands to make them more stable. As it is, a kid could easily pull them down or, worse, move them out of position.