IGNORED

WireWorld Starlight CAT 8 cable review

Just because something costs $90 doesn't mean it is no good :)

So a system CAN consist of good, cost effective components, that are capable of enough resolution to expose differences in Ethernet cabling. Just making sure you aren't the sole arbiter of what constitutes 'poor' or 'not poor' components. For a second there I thought you were talking out both sides of your face.

So a system CAN consist of good, cost effective components, that are capable of enough resolution to expose differences in Ethernet cabling. Just making sure you aren't the sole arbiter of what constitutes 'poor' or 'not poor' components. For a second there I thought you were talking out both sides of your face.

Yes, if you insist on testing cables I think you should test power cords first. Nothing happens in audio until something gets plugged in.

Pangea and Signal power cords have a good bang for the buck rep but if you want to start with Nordost that is all good.

http://www.nordost.com/power-cords.php

Yes, if you insist on testing cables I think you should test power cords first. Nothing happens in audio until something gets plugged in.

Pangea and Signal power cords have a good bang for the buck rep but if you want to start with Nordost that is all good.

Nordost | Power Cords

I'm not testing cables. I'm testing claims. So far of the two respondents the 315 foot generic and 12 foot fancy are indistinguishable

I'm not testing cables. I'm testing claims. So far of the two respondents the 315 foot generic and 12 foot fancy are indistinguishable

Absolutely agree start with power cables first they have the biggest impact by far. It's so obvious how much better the sound is it's a no brained. If you are not hearing it maybe you just don't want to admit it as you are so anti cable I think your ears have now been compromised.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Absolutely agree start with power cables first they have the biggest impact by far. It's so obvious how much better the sound is it's a no brained. If you are not hearing it maybe you just don't want to admit it as you are so anti cable I think your ears have now been compromised.

It is possibly the placebo effect in reverse. Instead of hearing a difference when their aren't any (placebo) he doesn't hear a difference when their is (anti-placebo). We have already established that fact when he couldn't even hear the diffrence in the last recording he posted and blew a gasket when I nailed it.

Ok. So now you can't hear a difference in $27.50 per foot CAT8 @ 12 feet and $0.30 per foot CAT5e at 315 foot without the aid of an after market power cable?

It is possibly the placebo effect in reverse. Instead of hearing a difference when their aren't any (placebo) he doesn't hear a difference when their is (anti-placebo). We have already established that fact when he couldn't even hear the diffrence in the last recording he posted and blew a gasket when I nailed it.

What did you nail again? Was it where you guessed the incorrect # of swaps or where you were wrong 80% when it came to the time of the swap?

Is there any reason you haven't listed the times of the swap for the vocal track? Afraid per chance? I mean you think you nailed the other track. The vocal should be a slam dunk.

Go ahead. I'll spot you 3 seconds post change and I'll PM John ahead of time the times of the changes so that is in some one else's hands. Also I'll donate $100 to a charity of your choosing if you nail it.

Ok. So now you can't hear a difference in $27.50 per foot CAT8 @ 12 feet and $0.30 per foot CAT5e at 315 foot without the aid of an after market power cable?

All I'm saying is that the most bang for the buck will come from power cables followed by interconnects then speaker cables. Network cables probably somewhere between interconnects and speaker cables.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

when I nailed it.

Where did you nail it exactly? Was it where you guessed the incorrect amount of swaps or the 4 times you were off by at least 5 to 10 seconds?

Or do you mean the 25 second mark where you 'nailed' a single instance?

I've never seen someone so adamant about jumping out of a plane with a parachute but I'm certainly not going to stop you.

Why are you so afraid of the vocal track if you are capable of nailing it?

All I'm saying is that the most bang for the buck will come from power cables followed by interconnects then speaker cables. Network cables probably somewhere between interconnects and speaker cables.

So a $9000 Bricasti DAC, a $8000 Aurender, $15000 Bricasti amp.

I find it odd that outfits that are so capable of producing this equipment mess up the power cord. I'm assuming they ship with a power cord.

I find it odd that outfits that are so capable of producing this equipment mess up the power cord. I'm assuming they ship with a power cord.

Actually the Bricasti is a mono amp so in your mind I got 4 inferior power cords included in with expensive components and you are absolutely right about the only thing so far. Manufacturers know particularly with higher end components that the power cords will be replaced by end users. So they do supply a cord just so the unit is functional but sonically not so much. There are a lot of choices of power cords so they do not waste the money to include a better power cord as all it will do is increase the product price. If most even with a better supplied power cord will replace them anyway with one of their liking they most just go with a basic generic cord.

I find it odd that anyone would want to use a stock power cord. If you doubt if they work attend an audio show with the above vendors and see waht power cords they use with their components, If you find they use the cords they ship with the amps in their demos at shows I would be "shocked" get it? Power cord-shock??

Actually the Bricasti is a mono amp

I know it's a mono amp. It says so on their site.

so in your mind I got 4 inferior power cords

Christ. Not in my mind, in yours.

included in with expensive components and you are absolutely right about the only thing so far. Manufacturers know particularly with higher end components that the power cords will be replaced by end users. So they do supply a cord just so the unit is functional but sonically not so much.

I thought cabling was about 'Synergy'. Who better knows than the manufacturer what power cord would be best Synergistic for their product than the actual engineers that designed it.

There are a lot of choices of power cords so they do not waste the money to include a better power cord as all it will do is increase the product price. If most even with a better supplied power cord will replace them anyway with one of their liking they most just go with a basic generic cord.

Then why aren't they taking the final logical step: Don't ship it with any? Then they wouldn't waste any $$ and could knock a few $$'s off your components.

I know it's a mono amp. It says so on their site.

Christ. Not in my mind, in yours.

I thought cabling was about 'Synergy'. Who better knows than the manufacturer what power cord would be best Synergistic for their product than the actual engineers that designed it.

Then why aren't they taking the final logical step: Don't ship it with any? Then they wouldn't waste any $$ and could knock a few $$'s off your components.

My Virtual Dynamics Nite Cable cost $1000. The Pangea AC 14 cost around $100. A stock power cord cost around $1. If you were a manufacturer which would you to choose to ship your amp with?

If you were a consumer which one would you choose to be shipped with your amp if it didn't jack the price up and you had your pick?

It is called "profit margins", interesting economic concept.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ErZYQn9wEzt4CJPU2aUWGAEsDH%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Virtual Dynamics Nite

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M8d95a906b65906d552a0559d00cfeb4do0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Pangea AC 14

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M246c5f94554fe0a432dc8b633d4a3c2aH0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Standard Cord

My Virtual Dynamics Nite Cable cost $1000. The Pangea AC 14 cost around $100. A stock power cord cost around $1. If you were a manufacturer which would you to choose to ship your amp with?

If you were a consumer which one would you choose to be shipped with your amp if it didn't jack the price up and you had your pick?

If I was the engineer behind a 15,000 amp? Along with designing the amp I would extend that design to the power cable and calculate it into the cost of the BOM with the resultant mark-up and have my MSRP.

If I could get $15,000 for a single channel, I would certainly go for $500 per yard PC.

Plissken, I like the thread you started and hope it doesn't seem like I am picking on you. :)

I would like you to DL the vocal track and before you post your findings I would PM John with the #'s. I have zero issue backing my position on Ethernet.

The whole P.C.'s have gotten this off message though. I wasn't joking about visiting michaelD and bringing part of my setup.

If I was the engineer behind a 15,000 amp? Along with designing the amp I would extend that design to the power cable and calculate it into the cost of the BOM with the resultant mark-up and have my MSRP.

If I could get $15,000 for a single channel, I would certainly go for $500 per yard PC.

Now you have a degree in economics too? Don't you think these guys have data on this stuff and know how to market their own products?

From my perspective I use Virtual Dynamic power cords on every component. Not all of them are the top of the line Nites but still within that brand. If someone offered me a different brand I would reject it, regardless of SQ. One day when you get your own high end power cords you will understand :).

Your question to me:

If you were a manufacturer which would you to choose to ship your amp with?

My response to your question:

Your counter response:

Now you have a degree in economics too? Don't you think these guys have data on this stuff and know how to market their own products?

My counter-counter response:

I do realize I'm in a conversation with someone that thought it a good idea to purchase a $1000 cable and $90 Asus USB DAC. Nothing productive can come of it.

Your question to me:

My response to your question:

Your counter response:

My counter-counter response:

I do realize I'm in a conversation with someone that thought it a good idea to purchase a $1000 cable and $90 Asus USB DAC. Nothing productive can come of it.

It's a $90 sound card, There is a difference between a sound card and a DAC. I use this sound card between my PC and my Marantz 7702 processor because the 7702 lacks a USB interface. The sound card does not have a port for a power cord.

Should I draw you a diagram or do they also make you dizzy?

Stereo.png

It's a $90 sound card, There is a difference between a sound card and a DAC. I use this sound card between my PC and my Marantz 7702 processor because the 7702 lacks a USB interface. The sound card does not have a port for a power cord.

Should I draw you a diagram or do they also make you dizzy?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33542[/ATTACH]

DAC: Digital to Analog Converter.

It's takes Digital out from your PC and Converts it to Analog input for your Marantz.

It's a DAC.

Also I know it doesn't have external power. My point is you spent $1000 on a cable and $90 on a DAC when you would have been better off spending $90 on a cable and $1000 a DAC or AVR that has USB/Ethernet.

DAC: Digital to Analog Converter.

It's takes Digital out from your PC and Converts it to Analog input for your Marantz.

It's a DAC.

Also I know it doesn't have external power. My point is you spent $1000 on a cable and $90 on a DAC when you would have been better off spending $90 on a cable and $1000 a DAC or AVR that has USB/Ethernet.

sighhhh. I even draw a diagram and you STILL don't understand. If you weren't so helpless I wouldn't even bother. Try reading the manual and let me know when you are done, notice how it says "soundcard" on the cover. Diagram 4.1.2 on page 11:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/746703/Asus-Xonar-U7.html

FWIW I don't use the RCA outs, the DIGITAL COAX if you had looked at the diagram. The Marantz unit has its own dacs.

sighhhh. I even draw a diagram and you STILL don't understand. If you weren't so helpless I wouldn't even bother. Try reading the manual and let me know when you are done, notice how it says "soundcard" on the cover. Diagram 4.1.2 on page 11:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/746703/Asus-Xonar-U7.html

FWIW I don't use the RCA outs, the DIGITAL COAX if you had looked at the diagram. The Marantz unit has its own dacs.

Your diagram shows two connections from the Xonar to the AVR. It's labeled coax cable. RCA is a type of COAX. You didn't list it as a SP/Dif or TOSLink in your 'diagram'.

If your PC has TOSLink why not use that?

I'm gonna put you on the ignore list.

Your diagram shows two connections from the Xonar to the AVR. It's labeled coax cable. RCA is a type of COAX. You didn't list it as a SP/Dif or TOSLink in your 'diagram'.

If your PC has TOSLink why not use that?

I'm gonna put you on the ignore list.

Ignore list? Didn't you read post #266?? I am through explaining stereo 101 to you. Go back to listening and just enjoy. :)