IGNORED

DAC Recommendation...

The flip side is bad for brick and Morter in some ways

they may end up with old used trade in products they cannot sell

and buying used from private owners is bad for them too

we end users see things one way them the opposite a vicious circle.

There are two kinds of speakers I have grown to love my ribbons and yours horns

your horns I think does it right with a folded woofer in doing it this way the speed and efficncy is maintained Better. Good luck with your quest have you heard bobs select 2 ?

My take on brick-and-mortar is very simple: Make yourselves useful.

Couple of points:

1- I and many others (at least in NYC) want to pay extra for service, the ability to listen to a variety of things, and have a full-service person available

2- An audio dealer should have the ability to source demos for the stuff they sell - either in house or from clients' systems

3- An audio dealer should know the spectrum - for example system setup, and in audio I don't mean the wires, I mean placement, room treatment, suggestions, expertise

4- An audio dealer should let you borrow stuff to play in your system

5- An audio dealer should steer you in the right direction, even at the expense of not selling you the most expensive unit they have

If all of the above is met, then I will gladly pay extra for it. I have no problem with that.

I walked into an audio store in NYC the other day. I asked "Can I listen to a pair of Audeze hedphones - I want to understand the character of the sound". I was asked "Would you commit to buy today?" I said "No, I am thinking about it, but I would buy from you if I decide to." I was ignored and walked away.

The first step in making a friend has to come from the dealer. If I am confronted with such ultimatums all they will get from me is a finger. I can buy a pair of LCD-X from Amazon, listen to them at home, and if I don't like them I just return them! So make yourself helpful or close up.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Good luck with your quest have you heard bobs select 2 ?

I have not listened to the MSB Select ii. I might ask Bob to play it for me. But to be honest I do feel that at $90k it is more than I am interested to pay. :)

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

I have not listened to the MSB Select ii. I might ask Bob to play it for me. But to be honest I do feel that at $90k it is more than I am interested to pay. :)

Bob has the Analog DAC with the upgraded power base in the shop as well though that is a bit less than the range you're looking in. I guess you can listen to that and the Select ii and infer what the signature or diamond series (in your desired price range I think) sound like.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

It nits about buying it , it's about hearing it as a comparison for future pics . Even if it's nit your setup there are many aspects of playback to learn from. Bob is actually the best Nyc has now , as innovated is snobby but will let you listen in rooms completely notnsetup Right . This was more than a year ago I did hear they were re working there rooms.

Lyric is even worse two years ago I walked in ordered about 4 k in stuff they are a senhisser dealer I bight the hdvd800 from them . I like to support brick and mortar .

While I was there I asked to hear a good vinyl rig . They put me in a room in the front not even a specialty room where I heard my infinities lol. The setup was all Macintosh solid state and focal flagship speakers , don't know what TT the record was so noisy I could not really hear the music right although even as is it had the relaxed analog soiund . I asked do you have a better record he shad it's vinyl they are all noisey and shrugged his shoulders lol what a complete tool right. I even told him over the years what I had bought from there . Years before I heard the IRS beta there they have fast acting diodes instead of fuses to protect certain drivers . It shut off a few times not playing what I consider loud . He remarked the amp clipped they were going to swap it and said he was sorry. I told him no it's the diode protection he looked shocked . A highend audio shop wants people who by by status not knowing much a shut up and I'll tell you attitude . In one of the innovated sessions where I bought my msb stuff , they did let me play my music . They dos have Wilson flagship there . Sadly in a room setup for home theater way over damped . He did not remark to my comments. It's painful to see it's much more about status buying not knowing . Headphones I would go to mini meets setup on headfi . I own a few flagships and two audezzy ones. Lcd3/x . I remarked on price because of the many dacs I ate heard and winsin even more a golden gate at 16$ or so is Right there with an 60 k . But no one who is going to buy a 60 k DAC would even consider a lampi lol.

I iwn 35 year old infinity IRS v completely redone and now fully balanced. Is there better yes I'll bet Gary of genesis for one. I am let's say time stamped so changing now is not going to happen. I never was a fan of top tier blind buying but for those it's all they do.

Bob has the Analog DAC with the upgraded power base in the shop as well though that is a bit less than the range you're looking in. I guess you can listen to that and the Select ii and infer what the signature or diamond series (in your desired price range I think) sound like.

A diamond or signature is there as well. The new v line is a big improvment over the 4plus i own. Sorry for my direct honesty in some of my posts .

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

The diamond and signature v series is in your range , the v series is a big improvment over my 4plus and now has Mqa and an improved USB as well

Can anyone suggest a way to audition a TotalDAC?

Thx.

system pics