While waiting for my flight I got a little experimental and digged out my DIY battery grounder which is bathing in tourmaline stones inside a pure silver box which is completely covered with electrical tape.

It actually made quite a nice improvement to the Oehlbach DAC Edition 40. Crystal clear high notes and noticeable wider sound stage. More dynamics as well. It will stay there! ?

IMG_5875.thumb.JPG.2a2551088603d3e4eaf0f4a4b1f6797a.JPG

I also got my DIY micro vibration brass foot filled with clear quartz on the bottom and inside the velvet jewellery pouch on top. Difficult to say if it makes a difference though? Might re-check it when I come back! ?

IMG_5876.thumb.JPG.34015d022f03048eb8d513ad6bfd5027.JPG

All in all very happy with the result with my low budget system so far.

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, Cornan said:

While waiting for my flight I got a little experimental and digged out my DIY battery grounder which is bathing in tourmaline stones inside a pure silver box which is completely covered with electrical tape.

It actually made quite a nice improvement to the Oehlbach DAC Edition 40. Crystal clear high notes and noticeable wider sound stage. More dynamics as well. It will stay there! ?

IMG_5875.thumb.JPG.2a2551088603d3e4eaf0f4a4b1f6797a.JPG

I also got my DIY micro vibration brass foot filled with clear quartz on the bottom and inside the velvet jewellery pouch on top. Difficult to say if it makes a difference though? Might re-check it when I come back! ?

IMG_5876.thumb.JPG.34015d022f03048eb8d513ad6bfd5027.JPG

All in all very happy with the result with my low budget system so far.

Really impressive stuff, have a safe flight!

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

Sweet! Or I should say - smoky!!

I love Islay's, although I am partial to Talisker myself.  Will that last you ten days in China? 9_9

I like 25 year old Tallisker as well as Bowmore, but Laphroig is special to me. Even more so since I own around ten square feets of the island. If you send a cork back to Laphroig you get a certificat that you own one square feet of the island! ?

Anyway, I have arrived to my destination Yi Wu where I stay for the next nine days. If you think it would be a nice place for a wakation...think again. It is a town built for business only. Hangzhou or Shanghai is recommended though! ?

Since I did'nt want to drink from my Laphriog during my stay I bought a Johnnie Walkers Double Black on my KLM flight instead. I have no intension to drink it all up, but having a small one after a long journey is quite alright. Just because I am worth it! ? 

I did'nt get the CCA to work the first minutes when I tried it. Maybe due to the chinease legendary "super-speed" wifi connection• ?imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96I will try again tomorrow.

IMG_5882.thumb.JPG.5fb02151cf0601439bdce101d1c433de.JPG

*this picture from my hotel room took around 30 minutes to download to CA

🎛️  Audio System  

3 minutes ago, moussaobeid said:

Great to know you made it safel. Seems you are kicking it off with some audio testing :)

Thanks! ? Nah, I am just trying to get that damn CCA to just work here in China. Too tired to dig deep into why it does'nt work right now. Tomorrow night when I come back from work I have got more time and energy to get it to work with BubbleUPnP. Not expecting a dramatic change in SQ. Improved usabillity and tiny SQ improvements are quite alright in a Yi Wu hotel room! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Damn it! Cannot get me CCA to work here in China. Plausible explanation is lowsy WiFi connection. My iPhone or Android tablet wired to the speaker is the only way right now. If I knew I would have brought the Oehlbach DAC Edition 40 instead. Lesson learned! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

8 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Sorry wait - what is CCA? Some Google Chromecast thing? 

I live in the iOS world, so I was thinking CCK, which is something totally different.

*Haha* It is my short for ChromeCast Audio. So many CC around, but CCK is something iOS'ish! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Actually, it would be great fun to know what you all carry with you on your travels abroad? I have a friend in Texas that virtually carry his whole main setup with him. I surely do not! But, what do you carry with you to foreign countries?

🎛️  Audio System  

36 minutes ago, moussaobeid said:

My iphone and Sennheiser Momentum headphones, great combo on the go and so simple 

Similar to me then! :) I normally carry my simple iPhone SE connected to my Shure SE215 with upgraded Fiio headphone silver cables on short vaccations. Nothing fancy and it never brakes! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Actually, it would be great fun to know what you all carry with you on your travels abroad? I have a friend in Texas that virtually carry his whole main setup with him. I surely do not! But, what do you carry with you to foreign countries?

I travell with heavily DIYed 10 years old iPod 5.5G (Wolfson DAC output is directly led to headphone jack, the original iPod's headamp is disconnected), then external headamp is used. I travel mostly with Brainwavz B2 IEMs, but sometimes also with foldable orthodynamic headphones (almost 30 years old) of former USSR production Amfiton TDS-15.

file.php?style=3&id=26006&mode=view

6c763562023aae5e8e96e2b176b176e89f1f728a

Not to be all, my iPod contains alternate Rockbox firmware to behave as ordinary portable player without iSpecialities.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

@bogi

Thanks for sharing! I simply love those Amfiton TDS-15. I would'nt mind having those in my collection myself. A great looking pair of headphones! ?

I wish I could Google for my wish-for-headphones. They is called Sennheiser HD-1000 or something similar. I want them badly despite how they sound! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

In fact I'm on the road this week (though not internationally), and what I brought was: 

- My MacBook Pro

- The Geek Out

- Etymotic ER-4P IEMs

- My complete collection of downloaded and ripped music on seven 128GB SD cards that slot into the MBP.

Completely portable (on planes and in cars too).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I find the Laphroaig to be lacking in treble.  I have only tried the el cheapo stuff tho.  The Talisker seemed to have the best balance to me.

•Haha• What the Laphroig misses in treble it catches up in bass-notes and dynamics. I do like Tallisker as well, but find it a little weak in authority! ??

🎛️  Audio System  

6 hours ago, Jud said:

In fact I'm on the road this week (though not internationally), and what I brought was: 

- My MacBook Pro

- The Geek Out

- Etymotic ER-4P IEMs

- My complete collection of downloaded and ripped music on seven 128GB SD cards that slot into the MBP.

Completely portable (on planes and in cars too).

Thanks for sharing Jud! ?

🎛️  Audio System