34 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thay’s quite an impressive piece. Is it a 4 rail LPSU with LT1963 in series followed by LT3045 in series?

Sigma 11 is great as well. Will the Sigma 11 replace the LT1963 and rectifiers in that LPSU or used elsewhere?

I am not sure if we are correctly understanding him, as the LT1963 is only rated at 1.5A and the R Core transformer is only 30W

If using a 30VA 12V transformer with a  12V D.C. output, with a bridge rectifier and Input filter capacitor you can only provide around 1.55A anyway. Perhaps he is using a separate 30W R Core for each LT1963 ?

That's getting VERY bulky, and VERY expensive.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

I am not sure if we are correctly understanding him, as the LT1963 is only rated at 1.5A and the R Core transformer is only 30W

If using a 30VA 12V transformer with a  12V D.C. output, with a bridge rectifier and Input filter capacitor you can only provide around 1.55A anyway. Perhaps he is using a separate 30W R Core for each LT1963 ?

I´m not sure either. That´s why I asked. I´ll guess it must be 4 x 30w R-Core as well. I think this is the work of progress that @hurka posted here, but no sign of any R-Cores on the picture. 

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Thay’s quite an impressive piece. Is it a 4 rail LPSU with LT1963 in series followed by LT3045 in series?

Sigma 11 is great as well. Will the Sigma 11 replace the LT1963 and rectifiers in that LPSU or used elsewhere?

4xlt1963 together-4x lt1963 together .19v-9v-7v-5v-3.3 or something.Sigma with or without lt1963, i need compare,i build new one with sigma.....

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Really??? 30w rcore not enough ? Work fine with mobo 5v,3.3v rails.i will open the chassis and check trafo temperatures...otherwise i have some 30w r core on my garbage 

23 minutes ago, hurka said:

Really??? 30w rcore not enough ? Work fine with mobo 5v,3.3v rails.i will open the chassis and check trafo temperatures...otherwise i have some 30w r core on my garbage 

What secondary voltages does your 30W R Core transformer provide, and what is the current rating of each winding  ?

If for example, it had 2 x6V windings in parallel, the maximum output at +5V after regulation using a bridge rectifier would be a tiny bit over 3A maximum. (5A  x .62 = 3A approx.) By the time you also provided 3.3V rails the 5V current would be further reduced .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

42 minutes ago, hurka said:

4xlt1963 together-4x lt1963 together .19v-9v-7v-5v-3.3 or something.Sigma with or without lt1963, i need compare,i build new one with sigma.....

Ok, so i wired i parallel. Nice! :)  Let me know how it turns out with the Sigma 11 in that mix.

🎛️  Audio System  

Just now, Cornan said:

That looks interesting indeed. Balanced toridal transformers with parallel LDOs. Just the way I like it! Do you have a link? I could´nt find the same one on avbuzz.com.

you must be find....I have same link

2 hours ago, hurka said:

Tested with 1 lt1963 vs  4xlt1963, was crap.

4pcs make great sound parallel.

That shouldn't be too surprising, as they wouldn't even be working up a sweat, and the O/P noise would be 4 times less !

2 hours ago, hurka said:

Sigma11 run,feed singxer f1 and r2r digi stages like: reg power-r core- s11-4x lt1963- lt3045

i need order more lt3045 v2,the v1 can’t run parallel. Tested with 1 lt1963 vs  4xlt1963, was crap.

4pcs make great sound parallel.

Yeah, parallel LT3045s is da thing. My LS-HPULN is 10 in parallel. I’m using two of them in series powering Brooklyn DAC and it sounds awesome. Still, using two additional Kemet A750 (one ar LS-HPULN end and one at Brooklyn DAC end (not counting the four Kemet A750s at the output of LS-HPULN) on the short dual 1mm silver plated OCC DC wires between the last LS-HPULN and Brooklyn DAC improves SQ with more of the presence (sence of reality) I love with my music. For a while I thought it was true that Kemet could’nt improve at the output of LT3045s, but after many days of switching them around and evaluating the SQ I’m now confident that they do improve in my own setup when using two parallel Kemet’s. One at each end of the DC cable close to the audio device.

BTW. This dual parallel Kemet DC cables improves on these spots as well in my setup (>=DC cable):

* Gophert+MS-HPULN+LPS-1.2 > Aqvox switch-8

* Balanced AC-AC ps+sigma 11+MS-HPULN+LT3045 > ISO Regen

* Gophert+LT3045+MS-HPULN > BluWave Spdif output.

I’m using dual (shot gun construction with drain wire loop) Supra DAC DC cables with Kemet A750 at the receiving end only from each feeder supply. These are all longer cables (8cm - 15cm) and sounds better there than the dual Kemet DC cable above. It seems to me that longer DC cables need shielding but make SQ worse on short DC cables and shielded cables sounds worse with two Kemets but improves with short unshielded DC cables for some reason? 

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, obsydian said:

We have allot of talk about mains cables and ethernet cables feeding from a router, but I was thinking why is there no mention of the cable (adsl, modem, rj11) into the router, surely this is also as critical?

Surely all cables that transport power or signal to audio sources are important. DC cables, especially longer ones, are very important for SQ. I use dual Supra DAC cables (1 for +Ve and 1 for -Ve) with the drain wires of each cable connected to each other at both ends on all my longer DC cables (>10cm). I have this cable from my LPSU to my main router for example (or to be correct from LPSU to 1.5A LT3045 in series and short 2cm wires from LT3045 to router).

🎛️  Audio System  

People have upgraded ethernet cables with the Supra cable, off Ebay.  Pairs are indiv. shielded.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

6 hours ago, obsydian said:

I was thinking more the RJ11 data cable from the wall socket (telephone line) to the router.

Well, I have a really hard time to see why RJ11 would affect SQ for audio since it is used for telephone communication? It will surely increase SQ over the phone line, but probably not for your audio if that is what you want. However, any ground connection could possibly interfear with SQ, so if RJ11 have one it could be a good idea to find a way to isolate the ground wire. Not intirely sure how or if it will improve things, but it could be worth a shot if you are prepared to gamble! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 weeks later...

Since LPS-1.2 could accept anywhere between 7V to 24V as long as that 36W target is met, could these A123 Systems LiFePO4 battery packs (26650) be THE ultimate "energizer" supply based on the positive results of powering LT3045 with similar 18650 ones from A123 Systems?

https://ezbuy.sg/product/51000002017409.html

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=523254088904

https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4-26650-battery-12v-7-5ah-96wh-150a-rate-anr26650m1b.aspx

https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4-26650-battery-12v-10ah-128wh-200a-rate-anr26650m1b.aspx

https://www.batteryspace.com/Nanophosphate-LiFePO4-26650-Power-Sports-Starter-Battery-12V-2.5Ah.aspx

https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4-a123-26650-motorcycle-battery-12v-5ah-60wh-100a-rate-in-aluminum-box.aspx

12 ~ 12.8 V (working)   14.6 V (peak)  10 V ( cut-off)

16 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

Nice ones. Thanks for sharing! :) 

For starters I have successfully powered my LPS-1.2 with 21 watts (7v/3A) with great results, so the 36 watts is not always neccessary in all scenarios. I am now powering it with 12V/3A (36 watts) but there was no detected SQ change increasing the wattage. Anyway, you would want to use a LT3045 for these LiFePO4s when powering the LPS-1.2. It will avoid voltage fluctuations and bring down the noise further. Otherwise I fully agree that something like that could be an optimal feeder supply for the LPS-1.2 if you do not mind to charge it ones in a while.

🎛️  Audio System  

On 8/1/2018 at 11:43 AM, Cornan said:

That looks interesting indeed. Balanced toridal transformers with parallel LDOs. Just the way I like it! Do you have a link? I could´nt find the same one on avbuzz.com.

That is the PSU for a Lumin X1 streamer.....so nothing that you can get without buying a Lumin. It is not LDO in parallell it has five seperate LDO feeding seperate things in the streamer and it is LT3086 and LT3015 regulators.

http://www.analog.com/en/products/lt3086.html#product-overview

http://www.analog.com/en/products/lt3015.html

6.thumb.jpg.9b8be8fa6db4b0077f7ce33919ccd81d.jpg

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, Forehaven said:

People have upgraded ethernet cables with the Supra cable, off Ebay.  Pairs are indiv. shielded.

To take the topic of ethernet cables a little sideways/OT, I need advise on my ethernet hook up.  I have source, router and Netgear GS105 switch in a room 20 feet from my listening space.  A Blue Jeans ethernet cable runs from source to the GS105 to a wall plug, Cat 6a runs from the plug up the wall cavity, across the attic 20', down a wall cavity into another plug, through a Ghent Belden 1303 Cat 6a with Metz ethernet cable to a microRendu, to Yggy through USPCB to preamp and so on.  So two upgraded ethernet cables connected to a generic Cat 6a cable.

Has anyone replaced the mid-run generic cat6a in the wall with say a Belden to noticeable positive effect, when both ends of the run have upgraded cables?  

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.