What are people using for a box/container for their LT3045 boards? Just ordered one for inbetween the LPS-1 and microRendu - going to try the POE cable tweak as well. But I’d rather not have it hanging bare back there. Thanks, Charles

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, rah50 said:

Hi all:

I received two 3045 boards (8v & 7v) from LDOVR and will use them from the 9 volt out of my HDPlex 100 to input 7 volts to my microRendu. I have two easy questions:

1. Does the wire used to connect the 3045's and the connectors make much difference as they only total a couple inches? It looks like Cornan is using the individual wires, in pairs, from the Canare but since it's no longer star quad why and what is optimum?

2.Can heat shrink tubing be used to protect everything or will that cause heat build up on the 3045's that is not acceptable?

Thanks!

I have one coming for inbetween the LPS-1 and microRendu. I’m planning on connecting the LT3045 to the LPS-1 direct with a dc barrel connector (sort of like hanging the microRendu off my dac with the Uptone UPCB) and making a little lego stand for it, and then my Supra CAT8/Oyaide dc plugs after that. Has anyone else tried this?

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Yes, I agree that unshielded cables is better as you can read here! :)  

However, it all comes down to the actual lenght of the DC cable if you´ll need shielded or not shielded. Shorter= no shielding. Longer= shieldeing (why not try JSSG360 for example?). It also comes down to isolation/decoupling. That´s where the Kemet A750 (at both ends) comes in. A great connection is also very important. Soldering beats screw terminal of course. Finally wire gauge that many claims is very important for DC cables. Personally I am not that sure. With the Kemet A750 inline the wire gauge does´nt seem to matter that much IME. I will however continue to put the gauge theory to the test before hitting the big drum! ;) 

I think Obysidian was talking about ethernet cables. I have 1the Ghent JSSG and the Meicord. I prefer the Ghent. Either may sound slightly different and it depends on where you use in the network chain. 

• 1 year later...