Even I hoped that Otpo emulating chip I found would just work by soldering a few wires to the legs. But it takes electrical knowledge and a custom circuit just to get it working. The isolation in the intona being a small transformer between the 2 FPGA'S.

There is a cheaper version mentioned on here but I can't remember it's name.

I think there are bi directional Optos models but that IC PDF shows some average MEGS PS.

This a what if thread, so a thousand no's is still a valued learning experience.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

• 3 months later...

It may be better on battery in your set up on the 5V Cornan. You know i have the intona, but injecting 5v into the intona was a very nice boost using the LPS1.

I am keeping it until I can see if cleaner SI makes a difference with the Iso regen.

That's what the LPS1 is for with the up stream 5v....

If it does then the market will be flooded with intona's very cheap to pick one up.

Injection 5v battery made no difference... especially because I run my music on my phone via OTG. Into the Brooklyn..

Keep smiling you crazy Svenska..

Dave?

Oh 19 weeks now ..the wife is getting larger.... I joked does she want to lie down when it rains?

Just proving she has no sense of humour... ?

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely Micael....

I hope it gives you as much pleasure as it does me and the guys who have one. 

Just building a roll your own Quad mains cable 2 hot lives neutrals and a separate earth on the outside.

The LPS1 really boosted my intona feeding 5v in. No cheap win here but really nice suprise.  But it's set to feed the ISO regen in a week so I will double post for here and the Mytek thread if it helps.

Happy for you my friend I hope the family is good.:)

We have the 20 week scan Monday so a little nervous. 

Hello everyone as well... always a pleasure...:D

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Ah that's from our old shielding experiments. They were for the caps on the DC converter side. The Toroidal transformer wrapped in MU metal for extra Magnetic shielding. No real change I could hear but it stayed...

Quad main cable was the one. Acting as a nice filter.

Thanks mate

Dave

Made me think about fuses that I left the original in the Sbooster as advised by the owner as the one chose out of many.

But I have ordered a cheap AMR gold 500mA. But I want to tack solder it for a better connection if that makes any difference??

The Sbooster has a low profile holder but found this with rear tabs to help tack the ends on. Hopefully will have all parts before the weeked to see... 

1mm wider pin centers and a bit thicker pins but a little filing want hurt it.. Silver solder tinning..Fingers crossed.

old one in sbooster 2461161-40.jpg.8530e9918802feb863d4b16f99cf8a44.jpg

Tabs to act as soldering points..:D

5204103.jpg.7334715cef2a300f9a97a01149787e8d.jpg

some lovely Equipment in your chain @austinpop  :).  Formula 1 race tuning on this rig.

I may step into the world of Cap rolling.

I have asked a Capacitor reseller for audio for advice on swapping out the caps on my Sbooster for a start.

Audio tuning and power supply caps have different attributes. ESR Ripple current ect. So for the LPS caps I am unsure if there is an upgrade option.

Do I dare touch my MytekBrooklyn? 

Not yet but It has got my interest. ...

but I haven't any hard knowledge to back anything up.

The Caps in the S booster are Nichicons 

so here you can see my lack of knowledge /ignorance limits me..

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/nichicon.html

Just food for thought ATM... So we shall see...

Cheers and good luck

DaveB|

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

@Middy & @mozes!

Changing caps is way out of my comfort zone and not something I would want to recommend doing blindly. All I know is that changing Rubycon or Nichicons caps to for example Elna caps could be a good idea, but I would´nt change the caps it without discussing it with someone who have 100% insight in these things. Even if the caps is individually better it is not a guarantee the end result will be to your liking. 

I know it's not easy without the circuit design intent. Some of those cap can be for power rails or signal. I wish it could be just buy more expensive ones in that range.  A begging email to Mytek may be the best answer as they are the designers. Or start a new thread and get some of the heavy weight guys included.

But that can only yield so much.

The guy at HIFI collective has been really helpfull so far I juse forgot to give him the sizes for length and diameter.

But the designers here in work said the same...It depends on...

Good luck gents

Dave

Iam not talking about my iso stack yet until a few more batches go through for Alex.

I have the intona feeding the Iso lps1 and others. I was suprised with the Lps1 feeding the intona 5v.

The Iso is another level of clean..

You can experiment though on a 30 day trial. :D

Save for it after..

Not forcing you my friend but the the GI seems  to be the lesser and signal integrity aspect what makes it shine...

+1 from me also ...... 

I am doing something crazy....I have ordered some higher rated caps. Same values but newer low ESR high ripple low impedance than installed..

http://www.mouser.co.uk/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?R=UHW1E562MHDvirtualkey64700000virtualkey647-UHW1E562MHD

Same values uf and voltage.

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/byw80200-ultra-fast-diodes-p-1116.html

Faster switching Diodes for the rectifier bridge. 

I may mess up the output to not be as smooth but this should at least do nothing or give me cleaner power dc out.

Doing power up test in garage and burn in.....

I can refit the old components if not...

Not touching my Brooklyn O.o