IGNORED

Tidal sound improved!?

I had Tidal about a week before "masters" and I noticed a little more fuller overall sound on a couple heavy played HIFI (non masters) albums. This is while listening thru my studio monitors. I'm not certain I'm just adjusting to TIDALS "house sound or there is actually a difference

My first thought is a server upgrade which could've been required to host the MQA files. Which platform of Tidal (ios/android,desktop) have you noticed the increase in?

Tried the windows app, windows web player and android app and all better but the android app using offline content stored on a class 10 Sd card is where it sounds fundamentally much better. I used to prefer WAV rips on the PC, now I can't listen to them anymore!

Can anybody check that the USB DAC still receives 44.1kHz from the desktop app for the improved non-Masters albums, not upsampled? Thanks.
Yes, can confirm the current Windows TIDAL Desktop, version 2.1.2.177 (W: 1.19.4--7) (NP: 2.3.21), is outputting 16/44.1kHz for non-Masters HiFi quality albums.

Don't sound any different to me, BTW!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox