IGNORED

Tidal sound improved!?

I had Tidal about a week before "masters" and I noticed a little more fuller overall sound on a couple heavy played HIFI (non masters) albums. This is while listening thru my studio monitors. I'm not certain I'm just adjusting to TIDALS "house sound or there is actually a difference

My first thought is a server upgrade which could've been required to host the MQA files. Which platform of Tidal (ios/android,desktop) have you noticed the increase in?

Tried the windows app, windows web player and android app and all better but the android app using offline content stored on a class 10 Sd card is where it sounds fundamentally much better. I used to prefer WAV rips on the PC, now I can't listen to them anymore!

Can anybody check that the USB DAC still receives 44.1kHz from the desktop app for the improved non-Masters albums, not upsampled? Thanks.
Yes, can confirm the current Windows TIDAL Desktop, version 2.1.2.177 (W: 1.19.4--7) (NP: 2.3.21), is outputting 16/44.1kHz for non-Masters HiFi quality albums.

Don't sound any different to me, BTW!

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox