IGNORED

Memorable Threads List

A few threads come to mind almost every time I visit CA that have been very helpful, and often in unexpected ways. The one that comes to mind most is Musicophile's "Are We Living In The Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?" If you haven't already read it, do yourself a favor and do. This thread had a very positive impact on me. It introduced me to lots of amazing piano trio's. That alone would have made it a favorite, but it then lead me back to long forgotten classical piano favorites which lead to buying a piano.

What CA threads have you found most memorable, and why (excluding threads filled with anger)? I'm looking for positive impact, whether it helped you immensely or just made you break out in a big toothy smile.

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

A few threads come to mind almost every time I visit CA that have been very helpful, and often in unexpected ways. The one that comes to mind most is Musicophile's "Are We Living In The Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?" If you haven't already read it, do yourself a favor and do. This thread had a very positive impact on me. It introduced me to lots of amazing piano trio's. That alone would have made it a favorite, but it then lead me back to long forgotten classical piano favorites which lead to buying a piano.

What CA threads have you found most memorable, and why (excluding threads filled with anger)? I'm looking for positive impact, whether it helped you immensely or just made you break out in a big toothy smile.

The thread you mentioned plus the following two have cost me a pretty penny:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/album-evening-7578/

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/woman-vocals-suggestions-15539/

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I haven't looked through the first thread yet but the second is full of great females singers I've not previously heard, though I must confess it was a bit heartbreaking to see Annie Lennox go unmentioned until the 7th page.

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

That one is really good, and like Kumakuma it $cost$ me dearly...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Sorry for creating this expensive thread, mea culpa. I also discovered some extraordinary artists in there.

It isn't really a thread, but I really liked the Album Review section Chris created. In a way, that was one of the triggers for starting my own review blog. Unfortunately it has been rather quiet there for a while.

Sorry for creating this expensive thread, mea culpa. I also discovered some extraordinary artists in there.

It isn't really a thread, but I really liked the Album Review section Chris created. In a way, that was one of the triggers for starting my own review blog. Unfortunately it has been rather quiet there for a while.

Your thread is where I first heard of E.S.T. They quickly shot to my personal all-time favorite list. Too bad he passed so young. Love all three musicians. The drummer is brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Your thread is where I first heard of E.S.T. They quickly shot to my personal all-time favorite list. Too bad he passed so young. Love all three musicians. The drummer is brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Magnus Öström is still quite active on ACT, with Lars Danielsson among others.

He also recently released an album under his own name, called Parachute: Home - Magnus Öström - Parachute

None of what I've heard from him ever went to the great level of EST though (IMHO), which shows that the creative head really was the late Esbjörn.