IGNORED

HQPlayer - DSD output is not seen in main window

mirekti

Hi all, could someone help me with this, please?

When using Foobar2000 I am able to send DSD to the DAC. Today I downloaded HQPlayer to try it out and I can only see PCM in the main window options as output and can only get PCM upsampling i.e. my DAC shows 384, but no DSD. :(

In Settings I set Backend to ASIO and Device to foo_dsd_asio.

Is there some settings I am missing? Where do I actually set which PCM will be upsampled to which DSD?

Thanks!!!

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

...I figured it out. My upsampling fq was set to high. I can see DSD in the output now.

Cheers!!!

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

In Settings I set Backend to ASIO and Device to foo_dsd_asio.

Don't do that, don't mix foobar stuff with HQPlayer. First make sure you don't have foobar running, then set your DAC as the device!

Where do I actually set which PCM will be upsampled to which DSD?

In HQPlayer main window, from the right-most drop-list select "DSD (SDM)" as output mode to enable DSD upsampling. Then you can select oversampling filter, modulator and output rate from the three other drop-lists. Once you've settled on what you want, you can select those as defaults in HQPlayer Settings-dialog.

Here's a short quick-start guide:

Signalyst - HQPlayer Quick Start Guide

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers