IGNORED

What HQP filter do you use with your Chord DAC?

I realise personal preference, companion equipment, hearing and room acoustics will all come into the choice but there is such a myriad of choices at least if we share what we use it would be a good starting point for some and a good place to experiment for others on these long winter nights.

There seems to be good reason to only send upsampled PCM.

For me me at the moment, using optical into my Chord Hugo TT from a Hifiberry Digi+, I'm using the closed form fast filter with NS9 up-sampling to 196 ( actually 174.6 is what the automatic setting chooses).

My supporting cast is all Naim, 552 pre, 300 power and SL2 speakers.

.SJB

I realise personal preference, companion equipment, hearing and room acoustics will all come into the choice but there is such a myriad of choices at least if we share what we use it would be a good starting point for some and a good place to experiment for others on these long winter nights.

There seems to be good reason to only send upsampled PCM.

For me me at the moment, using optical into my Chord Hugo TT from a Hifiberry Digi+, I'm using the closed form fast filter with NS9 up-sampling to 196 ( actually 174.6 is what the automatic setting chooses).

My supporting cast is all Naim, 552 pre, 300 power and SL2 speakers.

.SJB

With optical you use HQP? And a low power mobo? And a Chord? Aren't you kind of missing the boat on what HQP excels at for a media player? In your setup, I would think some very simple Linux media low power player bit perfect with OS would give you your best SQ.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

With optical you use HQP? And a low power mobo? And a Chord? Aren't you kind of missing the boat on what HQP excels at for a media player? In your setup, I would think some very simple Linux media low power player bit perfect with OS would give you your best SQ.

How so? I have HQP running on a NUC, using the Hifiberry as an NAA.

It is actually closed form, no fast, that I'm using.

.SJB.

How so? I have HQP running on a NUC, using the Hifiberry as an NAA.

It is actually closed form, no fast, that I'm using.

.SJB.

Okay, with optical your kind of limited to 192/24. Whereas with Chord DAC's you can go higher, but then you would need to use USB. Have you tested bit perfect with the TT as opposed to limited upsampling with HQP?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Okay, with optical your kind of limited to 192/24. Whereas with Chord DAC's you can go higher, but then you would need to use USB. Have you tested bit perfect with the TT as opposed to limited upsampling with HQP?

I have indeed using direct connection with the NUC USB and Roon bridge optical.

I'm happy enough with my setup, just wondering about HQP filters.

.SJB

I thought my Mojo sounded better when upsampling to its max PCM rates using HQP's poly-sinc-mp filter.

I like what I heard from those same settings with my Hugo TT. As great as the TT sounded being fed native resolutions, I stopped using HQP.

I agree with the others that you should go with USB and try higher rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256