IGNORED

Pure Music question regarding Tidal and remote control

Manolo47

You will have to launch the Tidal desktop application and control volume from that interface. Streamthrough just intercepts the stream and passes it to the designated output device in Puremusic. The remote app is designed for use with iTunes and can control the iTunes volume remotely, but that is only usefulk if you are streaming through iTunes or playing local files.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

Once PM is started, it should automatically hijack any stream. Make sure PM is set to a playback device. The start a playlist or album in Tidal. The output of stream-through should then auto-switch to the bitrate and sampling frequency of Tidal and capture the stream as it plays. It works like this for the Pandora desktop app, so I trust it will for Tidal as well. In order to avoid conflicts, be sure to set the Tidal app to play to the local device (computer) rather than whatever device (DAC) PM is set for.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

Hi again and thanks. I am still missing something. I installed the stream pad , but where did that go? Not been able to set it up. Strange that there are no step by step setup instructions neither in the PM site including the manual or in the Internet in general. It looks that this application is not that important to the guys at PM