IGNORED

Network Issue

dminches

I have run into a weird issue. When I go from GUI to core mode everything is fine. But when I load the optimizer I am losing my network connection. If I type "ipconfig" it says the media is disconnected. My adapter does not have an IP address. When I reset optimization and go back into GUI my static IP address is gone.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I think I figured it out. The 2 ethernet connections seemed to be conflicting with one another. I am hoping it is fixed now.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Hi

This behaviour is by design, but its just the info which is missing. You are not actually loosing ethernet connection because of that.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

This behaviour is by design, but its just the info which is missing. You are not actually loosing ethernet connection because of that.

Best,

AudioPhil

Phil, thanks for the response. Can you explain what you mean? Before I removed the conflict I couldn't "see" the audiopc on my network and it no longer had an IP address. Maybe you can explain what was going on (as I said, things are ok now).

Hi

Are saying that you configured the same IP-Address on both network cards? Or maybe cables not properly connected?

it seems i missunderstood your problem. There must be a physical reason for this behavior.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

Are saying that you configured the same IP-Address on both network cards? Or maybe cables not properly connected?

it seems i missunderstood your problem. There must be a physical reason for this behavior.

I am using a Supermicro motherboard and only the onboard ethernet ports. It seems as though it thought that Lan1 and Lan2 had the same IP address.

So, when I run the optimizer I lose all my IP assignments. This seems to be ok now.

Hi David

yes that was causing the issue. Each IP adresss may inly be used once. Otherwise none of both cards would work.

AO does not remove or change IP configurations at any time.

Best,

AudioPhil